AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Matt Malpass Opens New Room

Posted by - 09:13 PM on 06/24/11
Producer Matt Malpass has opened a B room at his studio in which his brother, who was the engineer/assistant engineer on several projects (Rookie of the Year, Lydia, Decoder), will begin producing records on his own at extremely low rates. Email recording@marigoldsandmonsters.com for more information.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
09:15 PM on 06/24/11
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
He did Decoder? Cool.
10:20 PM on 06/24/11
theIKE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
just did the Austin Archer EP with him. He rules. I did an album with Matt a few years ago, and they are both killer on the 1's and 2's.
10:47 PM on 06/24/11
JamesBond
User Info.
um. if everyone is poor why don't they do it for free and then if the album sells they make some money from that? I remember when I wanted to be in a band we tried to record and we were broke; we were forced to buy shit ourselves and record. That was back in the day before Garageband. Anyway being a writer is cheaper with my trusty typewriter and bullshit stories.
11:18 PM on 06/24/11
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
Heavily considering this.
11:22 PM on 06/24/11
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
On a side note: I wish that ellington album that he did would be able to get released. Last ep was so so good.

And this sounds like a winning situation if you go to him.
02:18 AM on 06/25/11
beau blood rush
smoke & mirrors.
User Info.
^ I heard some of the new ellington stuff, it would have been amazing if it was released!

& on a separate note this is extremely worth it especially if you're from the states.
05:42 AM on 06/25/11
Jake Ashley
User Info.
On a side note: I wish that ellington album that he did would be able to get released. Last ep was so so good.

And this sounds like a winning situation if you go to him.
It would have been nice to see that record come out. I know everyone put a lot into it...there was soo much going on behind the scenes which lead to Ellington disbanding around the time we finished those tracks. I just thought it best to move on to something new....so....

I'm working on a new project with Malpass in August, You'll see it pop up later in the year for sure! Really excited about it :)

I've been missing in action for a while now but back on track, ready to make some new music!

Matts brother is a great guy, hit this up for sure!
10:33 PM on 06/25/11
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
It would have been nice to see that record come out. I know everyone put a lot into it...there was soo much going on behind the scenes which lead to Ellington disbanding around the time we finished those tracks. I just thought it best to move on to something new....so....

I'm working on a new project with Malpass in August, You'll see it pop up later in the year for sure! Really excited about it :)

I've been missing in action for a while now but back on track, ready to make some new music!

Matts brother is a great guy, hit this up for sure!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply to that. Well appreciated man. I'll definitely be on the lookout for what you have coming out. I talked to my friend who i've been making music with and we're going to try to record sometime late summer.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos