Password

05:35 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
kapnzach
Sleeping off the last five years.
Yakima
Male - 19 Years Old
Thanks I'll listen to that now.
If you like that one, try Oh! Calcutta!. It's pretty much a punk masterpiece. I usually favor Apathy though, because it just sounds like Jawbreaker.
05:49 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
If you like that one, try Oh! Calcutta!. It's pretty much a punk masterpiece. I usually favor Apathy though, because it just sounds like Jawbreaker.

Okay, thanks. I'm enjoying Apathy at the moment, so I'll probably check out that one afterwards. Thanks.
06:09 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
Telle-O
Glass Vegas
Male - 27 Years Old
Parkway Drive and The Polar Bear Club
07:32 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
carryonblinking
dance anthem of the 80's.
London, England
Female - 21 Years Old
Simon & Garfunkel
Frank Turner
Morissey
08:04 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
Xx sorrow xX
poof
Tempe, Arizona
Male - 21 Years Old
The smiths
08:11 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
kapnzach
Sleeping off the last five years.
Yakima
Male - 19 Years Old
The Queen is Dead. It's one of my favorite albums ever, and I believe it to be their magnum opus.
09:00 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
Burnout2888
...has a gambling problem
St. Louis, MO
Male - 26 Years Old

Yep. Though all of their other albums are awesome, this is definitely the most accessible to start with.
09:40 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Bruce Springsteen
Avery
Prince
Billy Joel
Meg & Dia

Bastard.

Simon & Garfunkel
Frank Turner
Morissey

Simon and Garfunkel's most accessible is Bridge Over Troubles Water, but their best is probably Bookends.
10:16 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
ThePartialGlow
Pizza dude's got thirty seconds.
Little Elm, TX
Male
Copeland is way over-hyped. I dont particularly enjoy them, (kind of boring) but if I'm going to listen I'd say BMT is the way to go.

If someone could rec me some Lydia I'd greatly appreciate. I've only heard a bit and they seems to get a good response here on AP.

If Copeland bores you I'm not sure Lydia will blow you away. Similar kind of style, but I actually prefer Copeland.
10:30 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Copeland is way over-hyped. I dont particularly enjoy them, (kind of boring) but if I'm going to listen I'd say BMT is the way to go.

If someone could rec me some Lydia I'd greatly appreciate. I've only heard a bit and they seems to get a good response here on AP.
Worst Copeland song ever. As for Lydia, check out pretty much anything on Illuminate. My personal favourite song of theirs is Sleep Well.

I'd say start off with The Queen Is Dead, it's their most popular album.
11:21 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
drtomoe123
Ewing, VA
Male - 24 Years Old

If you're a Smiths fan, start with Viva Hate. If you've never listened to any of Moz's material before, you can start with Viva Hate and move forwards or Years of Refusal and move backwards. They're radically different albums considering there's a 20 year span in between, but they're both amazing at what they try to do.
11:24 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
drtomoe123
Ewing, VA
Male - 24 Years Old

The Queen Is Dead ---> The Smiths ---> Strangeways, Here We Come ---> Meat Is Murder

The Queen Is Dead
is easily the most accessible, with amazing tracks like "Bigmouth Strikes Again," "Cemetry Gates," and "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out," but I still feel Strangeways is the best.
11:35 AM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
fifpb99
Albany, NY
Male - 26 Years Old

bmt is actually my least favorite copeland album. i'd personally start on In Motion.

as for lydia, i'd start with the first song off of illuminate "this is twice now". i had heard 'this december' but wasnt a huge fan right off the bat. once i heard 'this is twice now' i was hooked, though.
12:58 PM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
DemBitties
I ended up as food for wolves
Succasunna, NJ
Male - 19 Years Old
Anybody know what I should check out of from Wolf Whistle?

They don't have alot of shit out currently, but I want to get into them, as Have Heart is one of my favorite bands of all time.
01:06 PM on 06/28/11 
User Info.
wormofthesenses
no destiny as seen on tv
No Avatar Selected
Alexandria, VA
Male
Subscribing. I wanted to make a thread like this a long time ago but never did. I usually just go into the artist's official thread and skim the first page to see which album people are praising the most haha.

I've already listened to Rufus Wainwright's Poses a billion times and I love it, but when I look at his discography on wiki it looks a little intimidating. What should I listen to next? I have a few of his things on my itunes but I've never known where to go next.

I was a big Rufus fan growing up. Great songwriter. I would suggest the follwoing tracks

1. In my Arms -S/T
2. Matinee Idol -S/T
3. Baby- S/T
4. Barcelona-S/T
5. Dinner at Eight - Want 1
6. Peach Trees- Want 2
7. Damned Ladies- S/T
8. Harvester of Hearts- Want 1
9. Vicious World- Want 1

His voice can get kinda nasal-ly and annoying on the S/T. I think his best work is Poses as well. Great album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos