AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

The Misguided - Hometown Zeros Album Cover

The Misguided - Hometown Zeros

Reviewed by
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
The Misguided - Hometown Zeros
Label: Baseline Music
Release Date: Summer 2006

Who?

The Misguided clearly know what they are doing. These dudes play melodic, true punk rock with plenty of shout-it-out choruses and powerful, catchy riffs that would get just about any mosh pit rumbling. "Hey, watch the suspenders, bro!

How Is It?

Hometown Zeros is a strong release from a formidable Southern California punk scene. Clint Johnson has a gravelly, opinionated voice, which is probably aided by the smokey run-down bars and basements The Misguided are sure to love so much. As you would expect, the release is short, and each of the 13 tracks hardly stand out. That being said, “Kid Mariposa” makes excellent use of backing vocals and a heavier, technical riff helps to differentiate the song, if only slightly. However, closer “Better Days” is arguably the strongest track. Gang chorus overload and a metal-esque guitar solo are almost enough for me to throw away every shirt I own that isn’t black. Almost.

Recommended If You Like: The Aggrolites, Sex Slaves, I <3 Mom tats, ADHD (the band), Hell- ADHD the disorder

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version