Username
Password

Album Review - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 326.
11:39 AM on 06/28/11
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Dammit man, I hope I'm just misunderstanding that last sentence, because I agree with everything you said! But that last sentence makes it sound like you're implying blink's s/t wasn't good... PLEASE, FOR FUCK SAKE TELL ME I MISUNDERSTOOD!!!

Yeah, I by no means am saying self/untitled is bad. I love the album. It just seems to me what with them saying they're writing fast pop punk songs and what with the latest tours almost being a throw back to their Enema/TOYPAJ times I think. Dick jokes, all round 'fun' and jokey, in comparison to their final few tours for the self titled. Seems like people may have similar expectations for blink in the sense they'll expect another throwback like was almost expected of this release. And I fear a mighty backlash just the same. Hope I'm wrong though!
11:41 AM on 06/28/11
Stormsubsides
User Info.
I personally like them better than half the songs on the record. If they would just have swapped these 6 songs in for the worse half of the record, I'd be much more satisfied.
Hmm, that intrigues me. Highly. I really wanna hear them haha, I'm just not sure where to look and I just used the last bit of my money to buy my ticket for Warped and Megadeth/In Flames.
11:43 AM on 06/28/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
that's your (and his) opinion, which is fine.
I was just saying. Who is "he"?
11:44 AM on 06/28/11
fifpb99
User Info.
I think a lot of users are reacting like that. I know it's the same for me. The first 3 tracks are passable/enjoyable, 4-6 are bad, and then the final 5 songs really make the album for me and leads me to believe that they are on the verge of creating a really special record next time. I mean, they haven't been an unit for nearly 10 years, so you could argue that they are a "new" band, one that just wrote a record in about year and change.
i agree with the first 3 are passable, but i really enjoy 5-10, but i still enjoy 4 and 11 more than the first 3 tracks. this is all now is definitely the peak of the album though.
11:47 AM on 06/28/11
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
Yeah, I by no means am saying self/untitled is bad. I love the album. It just seems to me what with them saying they're writing fast pop punk songs and what with the latest tours almost being a throw back to their Enema/TOYPAJ times I think. Dick jokes, all round 'fun' and jokey, in comparison to their final few tours for the self titled. Seems like people may have similar expectations for blink in the sense they'll expect another throwback like was almost expected of this release. And I fear a mighty backlash just the same. Hope I'm wrong though!

S/T was Blink's best received to date. Those that grew up on Blink don't want Dude Ranch II. It's not the same.
11:47 AM on 06/28/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I was just saying. Who is "he"?

-ACA
11:51 AM on 06/28/11
ZeRo
ZeRo
User Info.
I've been spinning this almost constantly since I first got it... Sure are there some tracks that are more likely to be passed over? Of course, it's not very often that an album comes out that is on point every song... Especially when you're creating what can be considered art, some people will either love it/hate it/care less about it. That's the nature of art, is it not?
11:56 AM on 06/28/11
anamericangod
User Info.
needs more songs like "since you're gone" not lyrics wise, but passion wise, and the bridge is enchanting! john nolan piano please be integrated more.

one of the few songs that give me chills like the old records, but the other songs are fine to listen to
YES

My GOODNESS I love that song. I'm gonna crank it to 11 RIGHT NOW.
12:01 PM on 06/28/11
evilandgood
User Info.
Hmm, that intrigues me. Highly. I really wanna hear them haha, I'm just not sure where to look and I just used the last bit of my money to buy my ticket for Warped and Megadeth/In Flames.
Yeah if you find them I think you'll be surprised these jams didn't make the cut. Especially this one song "Mackey Sasser" and "You Should Have Waited."
12:04 PM on 06/28/11
savesthetbs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think people are forgetting the fact that Adam was a drunk mess during TAYF period. I saw them probably 40 times between the year 2001 and 2003. Those shows were great because he passed the mic around and everyone was singing along to every word. Now when I saw them last year at Irving Plaza, it was an average show at best. It was great hearing TAYF songs again but it definitely wasn't the same. Adam's voice has obviously changed and it was watching old men play a record they made almost 10 years ago. I listened to this new album and there's maybe 3 or 4 songs that are worth listening to it again. I guess from this time period when I used to go to tons of shows, Brand New definitely has something special going for them. Every cd of their is different direction in which they actually try to make decent songs. Anyway did anyone catch james dewees playing with the get up kids in long island couple weeks ago? I sent couple videos but ap never posted them. Oh well....I guess posting news about Paramore or new Patrick Stump is more important.
12:04 PM on 06/28/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
oh lol. Dude is being sort of a baby in this thread. That just reminded me of anamericangod's Hitler video about the Hayley chat with -ACA at the end.
12:06 PM on 06/28/11
dtomczak
always hungry.
User Info.
the opening to "you got me" sounded pretty familiar... turned on "what's it feel like to be a ghost?" and found out why.
12:08 PM on 06/28/11
BottleRocket
Roll Tide Roll
User Info.
I agree with this review and what seems to be the general consensus that this is equal to or greater than Louder Now. I think it's a solid album and the really good stuff makes me excited to see what they do next.
12:15 PM on 06/28/11
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Only went through this album once, with no expectations, and I really enjoyed it for the most part. First few and the last half were the better tracks I think.
12:16 PM on 06/28/11
emoboy333
User Info.
And to think a lot of people thought Nerw Again was bad .... IMO, New Again is way better than this album. I don't even know why there was so much about the line up, apart from Johgn singing, there's not much.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums