Username
Password

Comments: Page 21
Displaying posts 300 - 315 of 326
08:17 AM on 07/01/11
rated
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Still need to listen to it more but so far I like it. This is all now easily became the favourite song on the record.

One thing thats going to hurt this album is people constantly comparing this record to TAYF, but not for the music, just for the original line-up. If you want to look at TAYF2 then look no further than "Where you want to be". That was TAYF2. This is just a solid rock album.

TBS has mssed that "john nolan touch" for so long. Soo good to have that back.
09:59 AM on 07/01/11
chrisCcoan
User Info.
Taking Back Sunday always and will be a staple for me even when I am 85 doing wheelies in my wheelchair down the hall in some old folks home. I will have their discography on my IPOD 3D or whatever wacky thing Apple has in store for us in the future. TBS isn't the GREATEST band out there but it's undeniable that everyone ON this site got a feeling of YES! or a nostalgia rush and grabbed Tell all Your Friends upon hearing about Nolan and Cooper coming back. If I am saying anything at all I am saying I am glad that they are back and this record has the passion, epic bridges, and tell story lyrics that TAYF had. Fred was pretty bad ass and made some great records but after every one I was left with the "what would've Nolan done? (WWND)" If you will factor. With this album it wraps that up for me in short it brings you back. I got the limited edition album with all the bonus tracks. Let's just say that a lot of them sound like they are from the TAYF era. Esp.. "Semi Automatic" and "You Should Have Waited." It's a taste of what should've been. It has the same song structure that we all grew to love. As far as I am concerned "New Again" was a side project it wasn't even TBS. The self release is where they want to be. They have formed Voltron.
10:24 AM on 07/01/11
chrisCcoan
User Info.
I think people are forgetting the fact that Adam was a drunk mess during TAYF period. I saw them probably 40 times between the year 2001 and 2003. Those shows were great because he passed the mic around and everyone was singing along to every word. Now when I saw them last year at Irving Plaza, it was an average show at best. It was great hearing TAYF songs again but it definitely wasn't the same. Adam's voice has obviously changed and it was watching old men play a record they made almost 10 years ago. I listened to this new album and there's maybe 3 or 4 songs that are worth listening to it again. I guess from this time period when I used to go to tons of shows, Brand New definitely has something special going for them. Every cd of their is different direction in which they actually try to make decent songs. Anyway did anyone catch james dewees playing with the get up kids in long island couple weeks ago? I sent couple videos but ap never posted them. Oh well....I guess posting news about Paramore or new Patrick Stump is more important.
Haha sick post.. haha posting about paramore or stump lol so good.
12:55 PM on 07/01/11
SexctKira
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Собираюсь приобрести покерный набор, подобрала себе красивый и недорогой премиум наборчик для 10 человек: http://www.premium-poker.ru Но есть проблема: сама я из Геленджика, а они прекратили доставлять по РФ :( У меня на этом наборе свет клином сошелся. Существуют ли фирмы которые смогли бы приобрести премиум наборчик в Москве и отослать наложкой мне?
01:18 PM on 07/01/11
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've always been an all-weather Taking Back Sunday fan.

I don't know what it is, despite the various line up changes, band quarrels, albums with different personnel, and I just always love the music. When people were tearing "New Again" to bits and giving up on the band forever, I was enjoying the living hell out of it. I still do. I can still pop in any of their records and love them the same way I did when I first heard them. Does "New Again" resonate with me like "Where You Want To Be"? No, but I still love it.

With that being said, I feel no differently about this record. Upon first listen, I thought it may be my least favorite. I've listened to it five or so more times since then and I love it. I love the raw emotion in "Since You're Gone" and "You Got Me" (though I do find "Mourning Sickness to be a better track), and "Call Me in the Morning". I agree, "This Is All Now" is one of the greatest TBS songs written to date. "El Paso" is a hard rock, blistering opener and tracks like "Faith" and "Best Places to Be a Mom" bring the signature sound we've come to expect.

To me, Taking Back Sunday is Taking Back Sunday. They've been one of my favorite bands for years, and whether it's John, Fred, Matt, or John again, I don't care. They've yet to disappoint me.
06:44 PM on 07/01/11
Knifeovich
We are the music makers...
User Info.
album didnt grab my attention at all. it just felt like filler music. Maybe I've outgrown TBS?
It happens to us all eventually...
06:45 PM on 07/01/11
Knifeovich
We are the music makers...
User Info.
album didnt grab my attention at all. it just felt like filler music. Maybe I've outgrown TBS?
It happens to us all eventually...
09:19 AM on 07/02/11
contiinstereo
CFC Supporter
User Info.
Pleasantly surprised by this one, in my opinion it's their best effort since Tell All Your Friends. Definitely see this getting frequent spins.
10:41 AM on 07/02/11
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
I just got this album and listened to it, and I don't really understand the hate for it. Coming in, I knew this wouldn't be Tell All Your Friends, and that was fine with me. I think it's a really solid album and I'm enjoying it a lot! You can't write a classic album like Tell All Your Friends all the time, so I think people need to lay off just a bit.
01:19 PM on 07/02/11
zachh1ll
monkey calling
User Info.
I just read the AP interview with them and it gave me a new perspective on this album. I think people need to quit thinking that TAYF was actually TBS and how it should have been. TAYF was just an overproduced mess, according to them. I've heard them state multiple times that those songs on that album did not turn out at all like they recorded them. So this album seems like it's more of a direction they want to go in. Some people may like it, some love it, and some absolutely hate it. But at least you can all accept it as 5 people who started making music together again, and it's music exactly how they intended it to be. I only see a couple tracks on the album that I'm not a huge fan of, but even those are decent.

This is what they want. Deal with it.
01:24 PM on 07/02/11
MTBromei
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is a pretty solid rock album..I caught both of their shows in LA this past week, and I gotta say before this album came out I was really not expecting much, but after what I saw in that club, and seeing what other people have said as well, they are definitely one of the best bands to see live, hands down. You can tell they're having an awesome time up there, and it kinda seems like they have moved past caring what anyone things anymore..I gotta give them props for that..
11:38 PM on 07/02/11
niclliot25
User Info.
Actually enjoying this album quite a bit. Definitely had to grow on me and really has some great hooks.

Except for Money (Let It Go). That song is just terrible. Absolutely terrible.
02:21 PM on 07/03/11
emery3993
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
El Paso, This is all now, and Call me in the morning are great, everything else is average
07:51 PM on 07/03/11
not.sad.anymore
always the bad guy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really wish people would stop beating up New Again, I thought it was great...

Can't say I'm too impressed with this new album, it's a solid effort but just seemed very... reserved, as it they were just testing the water

Exactly how I feel. Two years later, I still don't get what is wrong with New Again. Almost all of the songs on it grab me, I still listen to it all of the time. Maybe I have to give this new album more time, but it's just meh to me. It feels like something is missing.
10:51 AM on 07/04/11
syntax omitted
User Info.
The strangest thing about the album is that although it is pretty decent, all of the songs that were placed on the Limited Edition and the Deluxe Edition are 10x better than any of the finished songs. The limited edition songs have the passion I was looking for in the new TBS.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos