AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

TV News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Help Dia Become The Voice

Posted by - 08:29 AM on 06/29/11
Dia Frampton (of Meg and Dia) is currently competing in the finals on The Voice. The winner will be announced tomorrow, but voting is now open. You can vote 10 times by each of three methods. You can call 1-855-864-2303, purchase the original song she performed, "Inventing Shadows," on iTunes (which is currently the #1 song on iTunes) or vote online. Check the replies for her performance of her new original "Inventing Shadows" as well.

Submitted by Spenny

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 150
08:29 AM on 06/29/11
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
08:32 AM on 06/29/11
atticus18244fss
reddit.com/r/blink182
User Info.
someone wanna explain why she's on this show? she has a decently successful band already.
08:34 AM on 06/29/11
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
someone wanna explain why she's on this show? she has a decently successful band already.
I wouldn't call Meg and Dia decently successful, not even close to what the show can provide as far as a career.
08:37 AM on 06/29/11
RockTheWalls
Rock The Walls: http://idobi.com
User Info.
Had no idea she was on this show at all
08:38 AM on 06/29/11
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wouldn't call Meg and Dia decently successful, not even close to what the show can provide as far as a career.
While I agree with you, she was on a major label. It just shows that these reality shows are lying when they say they have, "new and undiscovered" talent.

Anyway, I found it really weird when I found out she was on this.
08:42 AM on 06/29/11
Auals
studiocity.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I REALLY like this song.
08:42 AM on 06/29/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Voting is closed?
08:44 AM on 06/29/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.

While I agree with you, she was on a major label. It just shows that these reality shows are lying when they say they have, "new and undiscovered" talent.

I mean, her band had videos played on MTVU, they toured nationally on a bigger stage at Warped, THEY WERE SIGNED TO WARNER BROTHERS... I mean no, she never had a #1 hit but she is a well established professional musician.
08:46 AM on 06/29/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
User Info.
Hope she wins, very talented. Show could do so much for her.
08:53 AM on 06/29/11
owiseone35
You need human heat
User Info.
I was watching The Voice with my parents, I knew she looked familiar. Will be voting for her she has killed all of her songs.
08:54 AM on 06/29/11
Cfw828
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The twist to The Voice though is that most, if not, all of the artists competing for a shot either went on other talent shows like Frenchie, Tori & Taylor...or they had record deals that fell through.

If anything, this show should be called Second Chance...but some contestants this season didn't really have direct experience like Raquel Castro.
08:54 AM on 06/29/11
Brissona
Dye the World
User Info.
so is she going solo now? is the show going to control the band's output like american idol does? i'm confused.
08:59 AM on 06/29/11
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
This show has never claimed that the singers need to be new or amateurs, from what I understand... looking at the contestants on Wikipedia, I immediately recognize the names of not only a former American Idol contestant (Frenchie Davis), but that guy that won the Rock Star: Supernova reality series a few years back (Lukas Rossi).
09:03 AM on 06/29/11
hardpill
Get Well Incentive
User Info.
I mean, her band had videos played on MTVU, they toured nationally on a bigger stage at Warped, THEY WERE SIGNED TO WARNER BROTHERS... I mean no, she never had a #1 hit but she is a well established professional musician.
She was struggling working a coffee shop job and taking non-pay karaoke gigs in NYC less than a year ago.... Notoriety doesn't necessarily equal success

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos