1. How did you get your band name?
Sitting in the car, listening to our first mixes alone, and feeling like a glorious hobo and beats of old. But instead of beats, beasts, and instead of New York, wild, trashy, sunny L.A.
2. How did this band get started?
Marion wrote our first record pretty much by himself, after playing many of the songs in bars up and down the Mississippi delta, often getting heckled for being a longhair and singing in a crooning, strangely almost castrati voice that some of them locals found damnable. Others were much kinder and warm. We put the group together back in L.A. and recorded a first EP in Venice Beach two summers ago.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Any bands that had freakish attitudes of wild youth, toughness, and an outlaw sense of love and peace and nature. Bands who weren't afraid to want to be your favorite band. Bands who had insanely rich sounds like Queen, T. Rex and Jane's Addiction. 90's stuff we grew up with like Jeff Buckley, Stone Roses, Nirvana, and timeless heavy boogie bands like Sabbath, Thin Lizzy. I think we're also just as inspired by Van Morrison, Dylan, James Dean, S.E. Hinton, all kinds of things you know and a general sense of growing up all over the States and being connected to, not only our time, but our parents time and our grandparents time, and music.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I would have just loved to play on 60's Sunset Strip bills with Love, the Doors at the Whisky Au Go Go, Monterrey Pop with Janis and Grace Slick singing "Today..."
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
To feel good, free love, stories & memories.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
An Olympic runner in the film Chariots of Fire.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd like to see people who worship artists in control of the labels and people taking great chances, risks on the absolute best music, whether it succeeds or not, whether it's obscure or not, as opposed to how it seems to work now. Elektra records
10. Memorable tour experience?
Our residency at the Silverlake Lounge last March.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A site that speaks up.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
In CA it's Big Sur. Otherwise the South of France...St. Tropez to Barcelona then down to Morocco..!!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
LedZeppelin "Friends", and "Classic Girl" by Jane's, even "I Remember You" by Skid Row, Astral Weeks by Van...these songs make me shake and feel very very strange and alive.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To be an amazing guitarist & drummer.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We like to get in touch with the spirits...I'm thankful every time I get to play a show and go onstage so maybe just acknowledging that that's a special thing.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We like to vacuum.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Love radio and the dee jays that still play and are allowed to play what they like. I think we will flourish on the airwaves and online radio, wherever there's a signal to emit groovy love.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hang with my girl, my movies, take trips, hike, read, ride bikes, go to shows, and peep the scenez!!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?