Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
01:28 PM on 06/30/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
On the surface? I didn't see this coming. But in hindsight? I shouldn't have been too shocked. I mean, they did re-release that Piebald stuff and they've been branching out a bit more...

Seems like it might work in Hot Water Music's favor. The label will most likely be hands off and they'll continue to operate as they have been. I just hope we get a full-blown U.S. tour to support the album!
04:27 PM on 06/30/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Not sure why this is getting any hate. Odd signing? Perhaps. But this is the kind of signing the label wouldn't be making unless they loved the band. As great as Hot Water Music sounds to my ears and as critically acclaimed as they may be? They won't sell a ton of records and they definitely won't make the label rich.

Maybe that's a pessimistic view, but I don't know. I'm likening this to Lifetime being on Decaydence--a vehicle to put out an album on a label with some clout to a newer generation that clearly respects them as artists. Hot Water Music will be the same band they always were and they might have a shot at a new audience.

Seems like a win-win to me.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums