AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Graduate News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 48.
02:43 PM on 07/01/11
anamericangod
User Info.
Hahaha or him. Cwhit, Bear Claw, that one other guy that always went apeshit. What a crew.
02:50 PM on 07/01/11
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
timely.
03:14 PM on 07/01/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I didn't include it in the write-up, but we've also discussed Horror Show. It's a matter of demand. Obviously I am a huge fan, but we'll see what happens.

So bummed about this even though I already knew. The official announcement just makes it real. Please don't miss out on the final shows. These guys deserve to see the how much people love them one last time.
Please press Horror Show. I'd definitely pick that up.
03:33 PM on 07/01/11
TachyonEvan
Batman, for example, and Magellan.
User Info.
I mean, I'm not super fond of Joe either- I'd rather it come out on a different label, and he knows that, but I'll buy this to support the Graduate.

Put aside silly differences. Support an amazing band who's unfortunately leaving us far too soon.
03:59 PM on 07/01/11
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
too bad this "label" is pressing this...dude needs to take a lesson on how to put out releases.
yeah man fuck the soviets
04:17 PM on 07/01/11
thishoax2live4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This label is such a joke...

You might want to take care of your problems with other releases before promoting/announcing new ones...
04:24 PM on 07/01/11
anamericangod
User Info.

You might want to take care of your problems with other releases before promoting/announcing new ones...

Oh.
04:37 PM on 07/01/11
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.

That never stopped Academy Fight Song during the whole TDAG ordeal.
04:44 PM on 07/01/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Really guys. We couldn't just keep it about the music. I don't see where this label has screwed up anywhere but even if they have its a new label. New companies make mistakes no matter what business they're in give them some time and they'll get better. In the mean time I'm fairly certain Joe is on top of fixing his shit. If you don't like the way they do business you don't have to buy from them but the rest of us are getting a little sick of your shit
04:45 PM on 07/01/11
HometownHero
User Info.
I mean, I'm not super fond of Joe either- I'd rather it come out on a different label, and he knows that, but I'll buy this to support the Graduate.

Put aside silly differences. Support an amazing band who's unfortunately leaving us far too soon.
Does he? Or does he not give a shit about your existence?

Joe! Weigh in on this please!
04:55 PM on 07/01/11
anamericangod
User Info.
Really guys. We couldn't just keep it about the music. I don't see where this label has screwed up anywhere but even if they have its a new label. New companies make mistakes no matter what business they're in give them some time and they'll get better. In the mean time I'm fairly certain Joe is on top of fixing his shit. If you don't like the way they do business you don't have to buy from them but the rest of us are getting a little sick of your shit

I don't think we screwed anything up, and if there was something to fix, why wouldn't I be fixing it? Anyone that actually knows me knows I take a great deal of pride in what I do and tend to be a perfectionist. Criticism comes with the territory, but when it's baseless criticism from people who have no idea about the specifics behind the issues they are bitching about, it is annoying.

It's not like I'm going to get into specifics about business details, and it's not like I can make people understand the industry. People will always complain even if their expectations are unrealistic to begin with.

Does he? Or does he not give a shit about your existence?

Joe! Weigh in on this please!

I don't care what he thinks about me. I find it silly that he wishes somebody else was releasing it, but he is entitled to his own opinion. I'll do what I'm doing and keep focusing on the releases, and maybe he'll change his mind once the final product is out.
04:59 PM on 07/01/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
I don't think we screwed anything up, and if there was something to fix, why wouldn't I be fixing it? Anyone that actually knows me knows I take a great deal of pride in what I do and tend to be a perfectionist. Criticism comes with the territory, but when it's baseless criticism from people who have no idea about the specifics behind the issues they are bitching about, it is annoying.

It's not like I'm going to get into specifics about business details, and it's not like I can make people understand the industry. People will always complain even if their expectations are unrealistic to begin with.

I don't care what he thinks about me. I find it silly that he wishes somebody else was releasing it, but he is entitled to his own opinion. I'll do what I'm doing and keep focusing on the releases, and maybe he'll change his mind once the final product is out.
Just want to make sure you were aware I was defending you and that I stated that I didn't think you had screwed up.
04:59 PM on 07/01/11
HometownHero
User Info.

Good no one should haha.

Can I ask when you think you'll have a date for this and for Lakes? I really want the Lakes one.

Also you've inspired me to start my own label. We're doing CD not vinyl yet but just thought I'd share that tidbit.
05:05 PM on 07/01/11
thishoax2live4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How you get away with talking to people/customers the way you do as a business amazes me...
05:21 PM on 07/01/11
anamericangod
User Info.
Just want to make sure you were aware I was defending you and that I stated that I didn't think you had screwed up.

I know you weren't saying that, no worries.
Good no one should haha.

Can I ask when you think you'll have a date for this and for Lakes? I really want the Lakes one.

Also you've inspired me to start my own label. We're doing CD not vinyl yet but just thought I'd share that tidbit.

I can't say specifically for Lakes. I could throw something out there, but why give people more ammo to bitch about stuff when it doesn't fall exactly on that date for whatever reason. Those guys have been doing a ton of stuff, both musically and personally. The extra time has, however, allowed us to come up with more ideas for the release, so while it won't be out as soon as it might have been had we just thrown it together, it will be worth it. They have a very loyal fanbase, and I don't think they will be disappointed with what we are doing for that record. It's going to be really nice.

People don't know what they are talking about. Just because a label puts out a vinyl release, it doesn't mean the band/artist had ANYTHING to do with it. Anberlin didn't even know Cities was coming out on Record Store Day. There have been several other releases that have been done recently by other labels without any artist interaction. That's not my style. That's not the business I want to run. I work with the bands I work with every single day to make sure things are how they want it. I'm not putting together a generic mass market release. I don't want to do that, so I never will. That goes against everything I believe about music to begin with.

And I'm not the biggest fan of CDs, but at least you are doing something. Most people can't say that.

How you get away with talking to people/customers the way you do as a business amazes me...

What?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums