AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Dear Hunter News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Introducing: Mercies

Posted by - 11:33 AM on 07/07/11
Josh Rheault and Sammy Dent (The Dear Hunter) have formed a new band together called Mercies. Their debut record, Three Thousand Days, will be released on August 9th. Head to the replies for the official press release with the tracklisting and album artwork.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
11:33 AM on 07/07/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Press ReleaseSuffield, Connecticut - June 29, 2011 - The indie duo known as, Mercies, will be releasing their debut album Three Thousand Days on August 9th. With an impressive artwork of thought-provoking lyrics and unique instrumental parts, this is without a doubt a record you will not be able to put down.

Mercies began in the winter of 2009 when friends Josh Rheault and Sammy Dent decided they wanted to write music together again. Somewhere between Rheault's heavy touring schedule at the time with the band The Dear Hunter, which Dent was also a part of from 2006-2007, and Dent's work as a freelance composer, Mercies was born.

For Mercies, 2009 offered a handful of face-to-face meetings between Rheault
and Dent, but the year mostly consisted of emails upon emails with ideas
for songs. They finally retreated to an old barn near Rheault's parents home in the fall/winter of 2010/2011 to write and record Three Thousand Days.

Chronicled on Three Thousand Days is this intense and creative period for both Rheault and Dent, a moment-in-time aided by family and friends. Lyrically, Three Thousand Days spawns from a time of uncertainty and change.
"It sort of, wraps up a specific period of my life while transitioning to a new one," explains Rheault. "Sleep", track two on the record, simply describes sleepless nights, while "Animals", track three, is the feeling of lacking uniqueness.

Rheault and Dent were simultaneously transforming the old barn into a working studio while writing and recording Three Thousand Days. Inspired by their surroundings, they were able to incorporate many interesting and unique percussion sounds to the album. For example, Rheault states, " in 'Animals' and 'Birds of Prey', we tracked nails dropping on concrete and used big plastic containers of wire caps as giant shakers".

"Three Thousand Days is an artistic expression of change, transition, and ends. It reveals a period of time in my life and the emotions born from it." States Rheault.

The recording space has now transformed from an old barn into "The Barn", a
full-fledged recording studio and the base for all things Mercies.

Mercies will release Three Thousand Days on August 9th. Please go to www.merciesmusic.com for more updates.

Track Listing01. Questions
02. Sleep
03. Animals
04. Birds of Prey
05. Clouds
06. Tortured Souls
07. In My Mind
08. Stranger
09. Roads
10. Call or Write

Artwork
11:42 AM on 07/07/11
Ari Christos
blowin on that endo
User Info.
Sounds interesting. I'll check it out.
11:45 AM on 07/07/11
heartinlondon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
11:48 AM on 07/07/11
CBBK24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I LOVE The Dear Hunter - so this will probably be amazing.
11:50 AM on 07/07/11
Luvjackandsally
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can't wait! Gonna be great!
11:59 AM on 07/07/11
Br&NewFan5
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can definitely relate to the band's sentiments on this album...worth checking out for sure.
01:21 PM on 07/07/11
mantipede
And the full moon seems to know me.
User Info.
http://merciesmusic.bandcamp.com/

I posted a thread about these guys a few weeks ago and no one seemed to give a shit so I'm glad they got a news post, they deserve it. The demos they put out in January have spun on my iPod at least once a day.
01:29 PM on 07/07/11
Asthenia-182
But it doesn't bother me at all...
User Info.
Sleep and Rags and Glue are pretty good, for being free especially.
02:25 PM on 07/07/11
kingd615
Charles
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The vocals at the beginning of "Roads" actually reminded me of Casey. Good song so far.
02:47 PM on 07/07/11
fcbucks1
User Info.
i wasn't impressed at all when i saw them live, but i think that was their first show together so I'll give them another try based off of these positive responses
03:30 PM on 07/07/11
JoshIsArealBoy
STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN!!
User Info.
Sounds promising so far.
05:35 PM on 07/07/11
GoldenDaze421
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So proud of them and stoked!!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News