AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mxpx News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

MxPx In Studio Video

Posted by - 02:47 PM on 07/07/11
Head to the replies to watch a video of MxPx recording their new album.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 44
02:48 PM on 07/07/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
02:53 PM on 07/07/11
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
new MXPX neat!
03:16 PM on 07/07/11
mattyrocks
User Info.
i thought they broke up?
03:33 PM on 07/07/11
FallenEmpyr
User Info.
Yeah I thought Tom and Yuri left the band? This is confusing
03:47 PM on 07/07/11
finchkid716
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Mike Herrera stated on the episode of "Lifespring! The original Christian All-Podcast Podcast" (October 22, 2010) that Yuri said he would be available for recording new music with MXPX. His retirement was only from touring. Tom has a full-time job now, but also still records with MXPX.
04:12 PM on 07/07/11
Dr.Cock&Balls
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
can't stop listening to the Fallen Angel cover lately
04:21 PM on 07/07/11
golferpunk1
I'm not used to this temptation
User Info.
Sweet!
05:03 PM on 07/07/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Yeah I thought Tom and Yuri left the band? This is confusing

Nope just not doing any touring
05:46 PM on 07/07/11
gtrman09
User Info.
OMG that song is gonna be so good. Definitely the same feeling as the Secret Weapon album. I'm hoping for some songs similar to Before Everything & After but I know that's not gonna happen.
05:56 PM on 07/07/11
Chrispy Nuggetz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
OMG that song is gonna be so good. Definitely the same feeling as the Secret Weapon album. I'm hoping for some songs similar to Before Everything & After but I know that's not gonna happen.
Do you know why it isn't going to happen? It is their worst album. It's got some gems, namely "The Capitol" and "Brokenhearted," but the rest is really subpar for MxPx. That album really put the "pop" in pop punk.
06:32 PM on 07/07/11
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
Nothing but love.
07:23 PM on 07/07/11
gtrman09
User Info.
Do you know why it isn't going to happen? It is their worst album. It's got some gems, namely "The Capitol" and "Brokenhearted," but the rest is really subpar for MxPx. That album really put the "pop" in pop punk.
Um that's why I love it. They stopped trying to be "punk" and just tried to write good songs, and they succeeded. "First Day of the Rest of Our Lives," "You Make Me, Me," "Don't Walk Away," "Quit Your Life," "You're Not Alone" and "Everything Sucks" plus the songs you mentioned are some of the best songs they've ever done. You're telling me you enjoy listening to Pokinatcha and Teenage Politics or even The Ever Passing Moment more than BEAA? That's preposterous to me. I've asked Mike why they don't play songs from the album more often and he said "Because the fans didn't really like it" but he told me he loves that album and wished it was more well-received. I think they would have continued in that direction if their fans weren't so one-dimensional.

But maybe that's just me. I'm not a fan of "punk." I actually think punk music is pretty shitty. I'm a fan of overall good music, whether it be pop, country, punk, hard rock, whatever. I think Less Than Jake's best album is In With the Out Crowd, and I think Goldfinger's best album is Disconnection Notice. Most people think I'm crazy but if you listen to those albums along with BEAA without thinking about what band it is, and just focus on the quality of the songs, it's no contest.

To me, people that say BEAA is their worst album are the same people that think blink's untitled album sucks compared to Dude Ranch. Don't get me wrong, Dude Ranch is fucking rad, but the untitled album is flat-out phenomenal.
07:56 PM on 07/07/11
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
Um that's why I love it. They stopped trying to be "punk" and just tried to write good songs, and they succeeded. "First Day of the Rest of Our Lives," "You Make Me, Me," "Don't Walk Away," "Quit Your Life," "You're Not Alone" and "Everything Sucks" plus the songs you mentioned are some of the best songs they've ever done. You're telling me you enjoy listening to Pokinatcha and Teenage Politics or even The Ever Passing Moment more than BEAA? That's preposterous to me. I've asked Mike why they don't play songs from the album more often and he said "Because the fans didn't really like it" but he told me he loves that album and wished it was more well-received. I think they would have continued in that direction if their fans weren't so one-dimensional.

But maybe that's just me. I'm not a fan of "punk." I actually think punk music is pretty shitty. I'm a fan of overall good music, whether it be pop, country, punk, hard rock, whatever. I think Less Than Jake's best album is In With the Out Crowd, and I think Goldfinger's best album is Disconnection Notice. Most people think I'm crazy but if you listen to those albums along with BEAA without thinking about what band it is, and just focus on the quality of the songs, it's no contest.

To me, people that say BEAA is their worst album are the same people that think blink's untitled album sucks compared to Dude Ranch. Don't get me wrong, Dude Ranch is fucking rad, but the untitled album is flat-out phenomenal.

Even though Ever Passing Moment will always be my favorite album, I came to like Before Everything And After. At first I was like blah, but maybe it is because I got older, but there are some really good stand out tracks. The songs you mentioned are exactly why also "Everything Sucks" is cheesy pop that is so addictive. There are some that I don't care for that much, like "Brokenhearted", but it still has the Mxpx element to it. I can't even listen to Pokinatcha or Teenage Politics anymore, again maybe because I got older, I don't know. The same goes for Less Than Jake "In With The Out Crowd". I thought blah, but now I've come to enjoy except for "Overrated", I get the lyric content, but it is kind of bland overall. I think I'm a sucker for good pop rock now and the focus of the lyrical content.
08:28 PM on 07/07/11
blinko_
wasting time.
User Info.

I applaud you on how well you articulated your point of view. I also applaud you for keeping your cool and not taking the bait.

Although, Life In General is my favourite record of theirs, "The Capitol" is easily my favourite tune by them. I also agree with pretty much every point you made.

"Fans" simply like to list older material by bands (far more often than not) as their favourite so they come across as a true/old-school fan/elitist wanker. It's a status thing, and I fucking hate it. And yes, I am aware I listed LIG as my favourite MxPx record.

blink-182 rule.

I salute you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests