AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 16 posts.
06:24 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
How do you think this album and the process making it compares to the previous albums?
We just weeded the shit and trimmed the fat and made what we wanted to release. We had Evetts produce it but we were still our own producers.
06:26 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
Fuck it. The people who support us support us and the people who download it still come to shows or they sit behind the computer and talk shit. It's 2011 and this what we deal with as a working band. I just hope we people who like it go out and buy it.
06:26 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
We asked him if we wanted to do it and he said sure.
06:27 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
I dunno? topping anything is in the eye of the beholder.
06:30 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
He's just a dude with a passion for people who care about their music. We care a lot and he dug it and honed in on our flaws and on our talents and helped us be the best us. It's organic and live sounding. Basically we just worked on making sure we didn't fake anything. And we cracked a lot of jokes and made fun of all the bands trying to be something they aren't, me and him have a lot of common views on music past and present and both of us are confused about the future. Awesome dude.
06:31 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
if you post your phone number for all to see I'm sure a lot of people will call you...
06:31 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
You post nudes...
06:32 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
Stoked for the Australian Tour!!!! do you know who will be suppourting you on the Tour?
I have no clue whoever it is they won't suck.
06:36 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
Which song on the new album is your favorite?
I don't have one really? I like Superbeast cuz I like cover songs... I don't think it's on the album though? I like a song we called Vibe but I don't even know what the actual name is haha
06:37 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
How'd you guys come up with the band name?
It just sounded cool and startes with an S. think about all the badass bands that start with S.
06:38 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
A bit cliche, but who are your main influences as a guitarist? And what guitarists in modern bands, metal or otherwise, are you a fan of?
Dimebag, George Lynch, Allan Holdsworh, Fredrik Thordendal, Pete Townsend, Mark Morton, Jim Root, etc...
Nowadays I really like After the Burial and Mastadon. I listen to all kinds of shit tho.
06:42 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
Mark, thanks for taking to answer some questions man. I've been following Suicide Silence for a while now, saw you guys open the Unearth, Darkest Hour, August Burns Red tour back in 2007 and became a fan that day. Since then you guys have established yourselves as a headlining act, and opened on huge tour bills. Did you ever imagine you'd be sharing the same stage with the likes of Megadeth, Slayer,etc? And for the cliche question, you have any tips for the younger metal bands out there?

Good luck supporting The Black Crown, have a good one dude!
Difficult question to answer and thanks for the support, I remember that tour like it was yesterday.
First off: I am not a cocky person but I always knew I'd be in a band as my job, I have been doing this since I was 14. Sharing the stage with Slayer? I just dreamed the dream and tried to attain the goal. It's a dream come true. And my advice is don't take advice just be yourself and don't take yourself seriously and remember this is fun.
06:42 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
Who would be your dream support on a headlining tour?
Whitechapel, Job for a Cowboy, and thats it.
06:44 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
Do you like pizza? what toppings? And have you ever beaten a heckler?
Jalapeno and pineapple. I have def hit a heckler.
06:45 PM on 07/07/11
MarkSuicide
User Info.
hey, kind of an off question, but what kinds of scales do you use, if any, to write your solos, or whatever you call em, thanks!
I only know a few scales but I know a ton of chords that follow scales. I use a lot of diminished but if I were to give yo a lesson most of it is not diatonic it's just whatever sounds good. I think knowing too many scales makes you second guess yourself. Some would disagree but that's just how I roll.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS