Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (07/10/11)

Posted by: Deborah Remus (07/10/11)
Head to the replies to read this week's Games Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
03:09 PM on 07/10/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Thanks to Jim for putting this together.

Games Round-UpJim Plachy, back again and I have some good news, and some bad news. The bad news is that there wasn't much news this week. The good news is that it's time for THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! I'm giving up the video game blogging game to go work for a mega corporation, and I'm ready to totally sell out. I even bought a pair of Nikes the other day. Next week you'll most likely get a round up but the week after will be my last round up and I'm going out with a bang. Nintendo who is one of the major sponsors of this year's warped tour hooked me up with press passes and I'm going to interview fans and bands about their history with Nintendo. I'll roll into a special section in that week's round up. Want to be included?? Read on!

SONY

Sony has ended digital comics on the PSP.

Starting with Resistance 3 you will need a PSN Pass to play the online portion of first party games. The PSN Pass is included with new copies of the games. They can also be purchased separately as well.

How about a Tiger Woods PlayStation Move bundle?

MICROSOFT

Not much going on over here. You guys like Halo?

NINTENDO

The Wii U may actually have a good online service.

PC

Ladies and gentleman, Planetside 2.

EVERYTHING ELSE

In Japan they are going to release a 15th anniversary of Resident Evil box set that includes most of the major Resident Evil games.

The only thing I want to do for the rest of my life is play BioShock Infinite.

Here are some details on the next Fallout: New Vegas DLC "Old World Blues".

Here is the Collector's Edition of Lord of the Rings: War in the North.

There's going to be a Snatcher radio drama. You either know what this means or you don't.

PSAs

There will be a Catherine demo on July 12th.

Limbo is coming to PSN on July 19th and Steam on August 2nd.

On July 12th LA Noire gets the Reefer Madness DLC.

RELEASES

NCAA Football 12

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

Ok, so are you going to the Milwaukee Wisconsin date of the Warped Tour? Do you want to meet up? Do you want me to interview you for the roundup about Nintendo and the 3DS lineup they are showing off on the tour? Send me a private message and I'll get in touch with you about it. Maybe I'll see you there! In the meantime stop by Four Player Co-Op you'll be glad you did!

Submitted by: be_mine
03:26 PM on 07/10/11
Coverbydesign
User Info.
stoked for new ncaa football...cant wait to play both sides of the ball on my player
03:35 PM on 07/10/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
That Resident Evil collection is still blowing my mind. I wish it was being released here.
04:02 PM on 07/10/11
Kbm600
Here, It Never Snowed
User Info.
Way to be unnecessarily condescending in the xbox portion of this!
04:13 PM on 07/10/11
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Way to be unnecessarily condescending in the xbox portion of this!
First time here?
04:25 PM on 07/10/11
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
Wait, the games round ups are ending?! And is the resident eveil boxset coming out on the xbox?
04:38 PM on 07/10/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Wait, the games round ups are ending?! And is the resident eveil boxset coming out on the xbox?

Jim will be doing the round-up for two more weeks and then he's going to stop. But if anyone else wants to volunteer, I'm sure we can work something out and they can continue.
05:03 PM on 07/10/11
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I got deals to make and moves to shake, and uhhhhhh......I got a real big boy job. I hardly have time to play video games anymore let alone write this round up. It's too bad because Sony was paying me a lot of money every week.
05:58 PM on 07/10/11
DooDooBird
User Info.
Can't wait for NCAA 12. Been playing the demo like crazy. I've noticed some improvements with this year's game. Much easier to break tackles and recognize your blocks in the running game. And the linebackers play zone coverage more effectively.
06:48 PM on 07/10/11
zman444
kew d00d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Reefer Madness DLC? That alone makes me want Noire. Infinite looks boss as boss can be, and anything Fallout instantly has my number.
10:58 PM on 07/10/11
Carmognole
User Info.
lol @ Microsoft post
11:22 PM on 07/10/11
youenvydoug
#justiceforbrandon
User Info.
Can't wait for NCAA 12. Been playing the demo like crazy. I've noticed some improvements with this year's game. Much easier to break tackles and recognize your blocks in the running game. And the linebackers play zone coverage more effectively.
I didn't like the demo at all. The game itself reminds me of when I was younger playing NFL Blitz. The players look huge.
08:08 AM on 07/11/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
That Resident Evil collection is still blowing my mind. I wish it was being released here.
i got resident evil 4 when it came out and absolutely loved it and then tried playing some of the older ones and the controls/camera just killed it for me. I was so disappointed cause I really wanted to like them
08:25 AM on 07/11/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
i got resident evil 4 when it came out and absolutely loved it and then tried playing some of the older ones and the controls/camera just killed it for me. I was so disappointed cause I really wanted to like them
Yeah, that tends to happen when one starts with 4 and works their way back. I grew up playing those games so I guess it doesn't seem as bad to me, but they definitely improved as the series progressed.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests