AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Skyler - Take You Away Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 8.25
Lyrics 8
Production 8.5
Creativity 7.75
Lasting Value 7.75
Reviewer Tilt 7.5
Final Verdict: 80%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Skyler - Take You Away

Reviewed by: alienantidote (07/11/11)
Skyler - Take You Away
Record Label – Sky-Hi Records
Release – April 19th, 2011

Skyler’s perfecting mainstream pop-country music for the masses with their most recent release Take You Away. Though they’ve taken their country sound down a notch or two since 2010’s Long Gone, the band put forth another seemingly effortless pop-rock driven soundtrack, guaranteed to take hold of your stereo as well as that of any younger siblings who may be tagging around.

Take You Away makes its mark with five songs of hope, love, and longing. “Empty Rooms,” the EP’s opener, is upbeat and all too catchy in spite of its subject matter in which the lyrics regret sitting life out and not taking full advantage of the opportunities offer to you. The title track “Take You Away” is accented with pop-rock guitars and daydreams of a potential relationship and all of the things it could entail – making a home full of children and growing old – if only this girl will give the lovestruck boy a chance. “I might not be perfect,” the song states, “but I’m perfect for you.” Oh, my heart.

If you’re looking for something a bit softer, both “Hold On (Pray)” and “It Kills Me” offer tender, slower-paced alternatives to the melodic radio-friendly tunes that will so easily catch in your head. While “Hold On (Pray)” passes on the message to keep your head up in the more difficult of times, “It Kills Me” laments an unrequited love. Yet, both songs resonate with hope in spite of current situations.

Closing out with “Sentimental,” Skyler play to their rock roots and incorporate the emotional questionings of a relationship. It’s a strong finish that acknowledges there’s no use in dwelling on the sentiments of the past, though arguing that that there are great moments to still be appreciated in the present.

Don’t miss the boat on this one, ladies and gents. If it’s country-friendly pop-rock you’re after, Skyler is certainly ready to take you away for a little while.

Recommended If You Likepop-rock and a tad bit o’ country, Ryan Cabrera, Taylor Swift, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers

www.skylertunes.com

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums