Username
Password
Coheed & Cambria News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Coheed & Cambria
Inside AP.net

Details on Coheed's Bassist Arrest Revealed

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (07/12/11)
More details regarding the recent arrest of Coheed and Cambria bassist Michael Todd have been revealed.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 70
12:45 PM on 07/12/11
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
that's all Coheed has to say about it?
12:47 PM on 07/12/11
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Dude looks like shit.
12:51 PM on 07/12/11
steve187
nah
User Info.
this story will be milked for all its worth here
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Compassion for him: drug addiction is terrible. I can't imagine the state of mine a sane, normal person would be in to risk everything for a fix. But, knowing enough addicts in my life, this is so common. It's sad. Coheed and Cambria is a legit band -- financially, critically, commercially, in every aspect -- it sucks he would risk it all for this in his drugged up state of mind.

At the same time, there needs to be accountability to not get involved with addictive substances at the same time.

I wish him the best, I only know him through his music, and he was certainly talented.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
they don't need to say anything to anyone. that statement is just fine.
12:52 PM on 07/12/11
mackieinva
waiting for the day
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not excusing his actions but I thought this was interesting from another rolling stone article

Quote:
Todd’s alleged crime may sound drastic, but more than 1,800 pharmacy robberies have occurred in the U.S. in the last three years. They're crimes typically committed by young men seeking opioids – a class of chemicals that can suppress pain but also create a high, found in OxyContin, vicodin and Percocet. The crimes have caused many stores to upgrade their surveillance cameras, install bulletproof glass and keep OxyContin bottles with tracking devices.

“In terms of why he was so desperate – he didn’t want to get sick,” says Dr. Dan Alford, associate professor of medicine at the Boston University School of Medicine. “It wasn’t so much probably to get high. It was more to do with, ‘If I don’t get something, I’m going to get deathly ill and not be able to perform.’”

Alford tells Rolling Stone he sees many patients who have gone to dangerous measures to get OxyContin and similar drugs. “Although people say you don’t die from opioid withdrawal, if you can imagine the worst flu of your life, and you can take something immediately and feel totally back to normal, there’s a tremendous drive to prevent feeling sick.”

12:54 PM on 07/12/11
mr.rager
Resu Deretsiger
User Info.
Well, that's definitely not the way to do it...
shouldn't have used a taxi and he would've got away with it until somebody recognized him on surveillance.
I bet he ran out of pills, didn't know anybody in the city he was in, and decided to do the only thing a fiend knows when they're fiending
12:54 PM on 07/12/11
mms13
User Info.
I was given a giant prescription for Oxy when I had my wisdom teeth removed. However, the surgery went really well and after the first day I had almost no discomfort. But, I ended up finishing the whole bottle just because they make you feel awesome. After I was out though, that was pretty much the end of it. I wasn't about to go rob a Walgreens.
12:56 PM on 07/12/11
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
Damn read he was still living with his parents. I know musicians don't like to move alot since they're always gone, but damn 30 yrs old in a relatively popular touring band and still with the rents'; feel bad for what went down and hope he gets the help he needs.
12:56 PM on 07/12/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
they don't need to say anything to anyone. that statement is just fine.

agreed.
01:03 PM on 07/12/11
mr.rager
Resu Deretsiger
User Info.
Damn read he was still living with his parents. I know musicians don't like to move alot since they're always gone, but damn 30 yrs old in a relatively popular touring band and still with the rents'; feel bad for what went down and hope he gets the help he needs.
because it's synthetic heroin ha ha...
you didn't want to rob a walgreens because you were probably taking the prescribed dosage for one bottle and not over several refills like some people who have chronic pain. This guy was probably taking multiple of these things and/or smoking them and probably over a long period of time.
01:09 PM on 07/12/11
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
User Info.
Like, what else do you want them to say? They're not Mic's parents or anything. They're a professional band that is carrying on without him for the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they carried on without him permanently.

As someone else pointed out, they don't need to say anything.
01:10 PM on 07/12/11
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
CoCa is my favorite band, but Mic Todd should never come back to the band. They've had nothing but trouble from him for a while now.
01:10 PM on 07/12/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Pain pills are fun as fuck, but not something to be abused.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests