Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
07:58 AM on 07/13/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hodgy and earl are wayyyy better rappers than tyler. this'll have to do til earl gets out of samoa or whatever.
05:34 PM on 07/13/11
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I don't know what that means. However, I listened to 'Tyler, the creator' and I found the beats, his voice, and his lyrics quite terrible. They all have clownish names (and a stupid hipster acronym that keeps them underground and cool) and they have a rabid cult following. Hence the comparison to another bunch of clowns who think they're deep and talented.

Truly what the word awful was invented for.

It means you clearly haven't done your homework.

What Tyler tracks have you heard? They can range from completely awful (filler like Bitch Suck Dick, although it's tongue in cheek) to great (Bastard, Yonkers, Splatter), and the great ones definitely outnumber the shitty ones. The names aren't clownish for the most part. Tyler, the Creator is a pretty cool moniker, Earl Sweatshirt sounds a little weird but isn't totally bizarre, Hodgy Beats, Mike G, Left Brain and Domogenesis sound like standard stage names in hip-hop... Not sure where you're coming from there. Taco and Jasper the Dolphin are the only out-of-left-field ones and they're not the main attraction of OFWGKTA at all.

If you think their beats and flow as a whole are no good, well, this track oughta put that notion to shame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhycjXvFDy8

Don't judge Odd Future on Tyler alone. Earl and Hodgy rap circles around him. Frank Ocean is the best R&B singer I've heard in a loooong time.
07:11 PM on 07/13/11
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
To be fair, this isn't their beat. That track is still awesome though, better than the original IMO.
didn't know that. probably explains why i can't find an instrumental by searching for "orange juice instrumental" haha. whos the original?
08:48 PM on 07/13/11
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As far as pure rapping goes, Earl > Tyler > Hodgy > Others.

As far as overall talent/entertainment/swag goes, Tyler > Frank Ocean > Earl > Hodgy

i would say overall it's earl > tyler > frank > hodgy if we're just talking about those 4 but that's just me
10:29 AM on 07/15/11
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... except no

Slang, dialect, all that stuff is cool, but just rap about something that makes sense please.
Cunninlynguists, cyne, a tribe called quest, jedi mind tricks, people under the stairs, nas, mos def, common, jurrasic 5, grieves -- all quality hip hop.

And what is 'white people language'? There's english and there's english. White people can sound just as retarded as tyler the creator and if they did it on CD form I wouldn't listen either.

There are a million punk songs out there with some lyrics that don't make any sense, and they're still great punk songs.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums