Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
12:10 PM on 07/13/11
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have no idea what anyone is talking about in this thread.

Edit:
From a quick read through and an even quicker listen to 'Tyler the creator' I've come to the conclusion this is hip hop for the hipster generation.

Where's the throw up smiley face when I need it?

I would also like to add this is as terrible and as much of a joke as Insane clown posse, if not more so.
01:23 PM on 07/13/11
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I don't know what that means. However, I listened to 'Tyler, the creator' and I found the beats, his voice, and his lyrics quite terrible. They all have clownish names (and a stupid hipster acronym that keeps them underground and cool) and they have a rabid cult following. Hence the comparison to another bunch of clowns who think they're deep and talented.

Truly what the word awful was invented for.
07:22 AM on 07/14/11
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It means you clearly haven't done your homework.

What Tyler tracks have you heard? They can range from completely awful (filler like Bitch Suck Dick, although it's tongue in cheek) to great (Bastard, Yonkers, Splatter), and the great ones definitely outnumber the shitty ones. The names aren't clownish for the most part. Tyler, the Creator is a pretty cool moniker, Earl Sweatshirt sounds a little weird but isn't totally bizarre, Hodgy Beats, Mike G, Left Brain and Domogenesis sound like standard stage names in hip-hop... Not sure where you're coming from there. Taco and Jasper the Dolphin are the only out-of-left-field ones and they're not the main attraction of OFWGKTA at all.

If you think their beats and flow as a whole are no good, well, this track oughta put that notion to shame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhycjXvFDy8

Don't judge Odd Future on Tyler alone. Earl and Hodgy rap circles around him. Frank Ocean is the best R&B singer I've heard in a loooong time.

I'm a fuckin' walkin' paradox, no I'm not
Threesomes with a fuckin' triceratops, Reptar
Rappin' as I'm mockin' deaf rock stars
Wearin' synthetic wigs made of Anwar's dreadlocks
Bedrock, harder than a muthafuckin' Flintstone
Makin' crack rocks outta pissy ***** fishbones
This ***** Jasper tryna get grown
About 5'7" of his bitches in my bedroom
Swallow the cinnamon, I'mma scribble this sinnin' shit
While Syd is tellin' me that she's been gettin' intimate with men
(Syd, shut the fuck up) Here's the number to my therapist
(Shit) Tell him all your problems, he's fuckin' awesome with listenin'

Might be the worst nonsense I've ever heard delivered over an incredibly boring and bizarre beat in a 'I sound like Aesop rock would if he rapped really slow about retarded stuff that doesn't make sense' kind of voice.

Pussy ***** fishbones?!?! lolwut?

And before anyone says I hate hip hop I don't. I just like when the lyrics are written like poetry in the english language. Not whatever the hell that shit is.

Also, I listened to this (from the album in question)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fx9uZ2yOWc
Craptastic also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQaE7q6NY8s <---------- this right here is what I consider good hip hop.
08:16 AM on 07/15/11
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"I only like rap when it's spoken in white people language so I can understand every word."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... except no

Slang, dialect, all that stuff is cool, but just rap about something that makes sense please.
Cunninlynguists, cyne, a tribe called quest, jedi mind tricks, people under the stairs, nas, mos def, common, jurrasic 5, grieves -- all quality hip hop.

And what is 'white people language'? There's english and there's english. White people can sound just as retarded as tyler the creator and if they did it on CD form I wouldn't listen either.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos