Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 53
04:15 PM on 07/13/11
R3ality
my ~~~~~~~~~
User Info.
Sucks Loco isn't on this, that beat is pretty chill.
04:42 PM on 07/13/11
thespearkid
Take Care.
User Info.
Downloading. Hopefully will wash the bad taste out of my mouth that Sorry 4 The Wait just left.
05:23 PM on 07/13/11
ASOGenius
A Stroke Of Genius
User Info.
everyone hates on tyler cause they hear yonkers and never listen to a song like French. also 65 is on numbers not 64
06:20 PM on 07/13/11
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
I thought "64" was for Numbers?
No that is 65. Which is pronounced six five I believe.
06:21 PM on 07/13/11
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.

I don't know what that means. However, I listened to 'Tyler, the creator' and I found the beats, his voice, and his lyrics quite terrible. They all have clownish names (and a stupid hipster acronym that keeps them underground and cool) and they have a rabid cult following. Hence the comparison to another bunch of clowns who think they're deep and talented.

Truly what the word awful was invented for.
06:34 PM on 07/13/11
ToUsFools
Close Your Eyes to See
User Info.
I second this.
06:34 PM on 07/13/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I don't know what that means. However, I listened to 'Tyler, the creator' and I found the beats, his voice, and his lyrics quite terrible. They all have clownish names (and a stupid hipster acronym that keeps them underground and cool) and they have a rabid cult following. Hence the comparison to another bunch of clowns who think they're deep and talented.

Truly what the word awful was invented for.

It means you clearly haven't done your homework.

What Tyler tracks have you heard? They can range from completely awful (filler like Bitch Suck Dick, although it's tongue in cheek) to great (Bastard, Yonkers, Splatter), and the great ones definitely outnumber the shitty ones. The names aren't clownish for the most part. Tyler, the Creator is a pretty cool moniker, Earl Sweatshirt sounds a little weird but isn't totally bizarre, Hodgy Beats, Mike G, Left Brain and Domogenesis sound like standard stage names in hip-hop... Not sure where you're coming from there. Taco and Jasper the Dolphin are the only out-of-left-field ones and they're not the main attraction of OFWGKTA at all.

If you think their beats and flow as a whole are no good, well, this track oughta put that notion to shame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhycjXvFDy8

Don't judge Odd Future on Tyler alone. Earl and Hodgy rap circles around him. Frank Ocean is the best R&B singer I've heard in a loooong time.
07:57 PM on 07/13/11
Jukebox Romeo
User Info.
If you think their beats and flow as a whole are no good, well, this track oughta put that notion to shame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhycjXvFDy8
To be fair, this isn't their beat. That track is still awesome though, better than the original IMO.
08:11 PM on 07/13/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
To be fair, this isn't their beat. That track is still awesome though, better than the original IMO.
didn't know that. probably explains why i can't find an instrumental by searching for "orange juice instrumental" haha. whos the original?
08:17 PM on 07/13/11
Danny Schme
Scattered ashes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The beat from Orangejuice came from Gucci Mane's "Lemonade"
08:54 PM on 07/13/11
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
Me three.

didn't know that. probably explains why i can't find an instrumental by searching for "orange juice instrumental" haha. whos the original?
The song is called Lemonade by Gucci Mane, and is produced by Lex Luger. The track is well known for being rapped over by many other artists, akin to A Milli, Hard in da Paint, All of the Lights, Yonkers, etc.
08:55 PM on 07/13/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
yeah so many Bangladesh and Luger beats get rapped over, which is good because the original artists who get those beats in the first place usually aren't that great.
09:12 PM on 07/13/11
thespearkid
Take Care.
User Info.
ITT: People who listened to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and now think they're hip-hop heads.
09:13 PM on 07/13/11
thespearkid
Take Care.
User Info.
hodgy and earl are wayyyy better rappers than tyler. this'll have to do til earl gets out of samoa or whatever.
As far as pure rapping goes, Earl > Tyler > Hodgy > Others.

As far as overall talent/entertainment/swag goes, Tyler > Frank Ocean > Earl > Hodgy
09:39 PM on 07/13/11
trenteverywhere
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
album is crazy good. shouldn't really be compared to tyler though. apart from the fact that they're both odd future artists, they both have way different sounds in my opinion

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos