AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 53 of 53.
04:31 PM on 07/16/11
jjjkman
User Info.
Chordaroy was so good...I wish it was on the re-release.
10:50 PM on 07/16/11
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
Why? Why should they shut up?

I hate this musical superiority complex. "I've indoctrinated myself into the history of hip-hop, so my opinion means more than yours. In fact, don't even form yours because nobody (re: I) don't want to hear it."

Shut the fuck up, seriously. I love all of the artists and albums you mentioned, but if I had never heard of them? I'm still allowed to critique Odd Future, and I don't need to shut up on rap.
all I'm saying is know your roots. Not enough people do that, in any genre of music.
01:46 AM on 07/17/11
omgrawr
im on my van gogh, i dont hear shit
User Info.
never got into tyler the creator, but i'll give this album a shot.
11:36 AM on 07/17/11
thespearkid
Take Care.
User Info.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... except no

Slang, dialect, all that stuff is cool, but just rap about something that makes sense please.
Cunninlynguists, cyne, a tribe called quest, jedi mind tricks, people under the stairs, nas, mos def, common, jurrasic 5, grieves -- all quality hip hop.

And what is 'white people language'? There's english and there's english. White people can sound just as retarded as tyler the creator and if they did it on CD form I wouldn't listen either.
"The only good rap is the rap that talks about stuff I can relate to, like when my butler forgets to put fat free cream cheese on my bagel."
04:20 PM on 07/17/11
coma
I keep writing myself into ruts.
User Info.
all I'm saying is know your roots. Not enough people do that, in any genre of music.

It's a bullshit attitude, though. For kids growing up, these artists are their roots. Artists are stoked just to get listens. It's the fans that get all up in a god damn tizzy if they find an artist unacceptable of such praise. Then they start namedropping the artists they grew up on, telling kids to get a clue. It's bullshit, man. Just shut up and enjoy what you enjoy, if anything. But to tell people they need to shut up about a genre of music because they don't like or haven't heard of the artists that YOU grew up on (whether they're widely considered pioneers or not) just stinks of elitism, and it shouldn't really have any place in the discussion.

Kanye's Twisted Fantasy, for example, will be, for a lot of people, that record. You should be okay with that. It's a great record. Sure, you might like other records more, but that doesn't make them wrong.
07:41 AM on 07/18/11
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.

Still cracks me up.
06:07 PM on 07/18/11
ctgreen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'm really looking forward to seeing these guys live
09:22 AM on 09/23/11
nolifesingedher
Registered Member
User Info.
Really wish they hadn't taken Chordaroy, Loco, and Hell off. Still really good though. The only song I'm not big on is Right Here. The rest of it is solid.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums