Password

Album Review

Syndicate - Syndicate Album Cover

Syndicate - Syndicate

Reviewed by
Syndicate - Syndicate
Record Label: Sony Music
Release Date: July 1, 2011
Syndicate have been living the rock and roll fairytale. Their back story reads like this: Five young local rockers pushing along the pub scene, working their craft with fierce, professional desire, are plucked from the throng and whisked off to bustling Los Angeles to work with some of the biggest names in music.

Hailing out of Sydney, they have been working hard over the last two years to get to this release. The album was recorded in Los Angeles with Jeff Blue (Linkin Park, Matchbox 20, Korn, Limp Bizkit, The Last Goodnight), Brandon Friesen (Nickelback, Sum 41, The Music) and Scott Humphrey (Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Andrew WK, The Cult). Inspiration is the key word in the Syndicate rock ethos; such is the reason that they attracted such stars like Matt Sorum (Velvet Revolver, Guns and Roses, The Cult), Brent Fitz (Slash, Alice Cooper, Theory of a Deadman), Gil Sharone (Dillinger Escape Plan, Stolen Babies, Puscifer) and Rowan Robertson (DIO) to appear on the album. Their first single, “Shout,” debuted at No. 1 on the physical singles chart and has been back in that position four times.

This is the modern rock album Australia has needed to define their music. It brings a bit of everything that anyone should enjoy; it’s a modern day Bon Jovi. The album starts off with a track name quite unsuited for itself. After hearing "Pushing Me Away," you won't want to even try and push this album away. What a way to start the record off! Later down the track list is their debut single, "Shout." It is what got me to actually buy this album. I thought this band could be onto something. They could be bringing back the ‘80s classic rock/metal scene without even knowing it. Some people don't hear it, but I hear every Bon Jovi album ever released in the 2000s in this album.

I wouldn’t call this album original. But I would call it a trick on your ears, mind and soul. It’s so good, you won’t even care. You could hear every track off this album on the radio and on every talk show around the world performing, well, you name the track - they could do it. Their friendly music comes at a price, though. It has an average lasting value. The lead singer’s voice is crisp, clean and amazing, but the musicianship is average. One thing complements the other, so it’s hard to see where these scores I’m giving are coming from.

Recommended If You Like:Bon Jovi; Adema; Breaking Benjamin; Three Days Grace; Foo Fighters

Track List01. Pushing Me Away
02. My Mom Hates Me
03. Shout
04. Right In Front of Me
05. Holding On
06. Long Way Down
07. All My Life
08. My Confession
09. Tightrope Walker
10. Here We Go Again
11. Give You The World
12. When You Hurt
13. Dont Hate On Me
14. Bring It On
15. Falling Apart
16. All My Life (Reprise)
Standout Tracks: “My Mom Hates Me,” “Tightrope Walker” and “Bring It On”

syndicateofficial.com
This review is a user submitted review from InfiniteArms. You can see all of InfiniteArms's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version