Username
Password
fun. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
fun.
Inside AP.net

fun. Added to FBR's 15th Anniversary

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (07/18/11)
fun. have been added to the first day of Fueled By Ramen's 15th anniversary concert at the Terminal 5 in New York. They will be joining Paramore and The Swellers.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
09:30 AM on 07/18/11
Nardes
User Info.
haven't been surprised by a single band announcement yet
09:34 AM on 07/18/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I'm loving this. Keep 'em coming.
09:37 AM on 07/18/11
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
That's a stacked day. I feel like the middle day is going to be alumni artists...
But I don't know where Sublime fits into all that, and they'll definitely be on the list.
09:40 AM on 07/18/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Awww but NY is so far awayyyy. Day 1 sounds cool as hell.
09:44 AM on 07/18/11
Momo32T
User Info.
The Swellers and fun. makes this day worth it for me.
10:11 AM on 07/18/11
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
deff. going to this
10:18 AM on 07/18/11
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.

Sooooooo?
Cobra Starship, Panic at the Disco, Gym Class Heroes, Paramore, Fall Out Boy (?!), The Stereo, Less Than Jake, The Academy Is..., VersaEmerge, Punchline, The Hush Sound, The Swellers, This Providence, Yellowcard, Animal Chin, The Cab, The Impossibles, Phantom Planet, Recover, fun., and Jimmy Eat World listed...

I can't imagine all those bands playing across three days, but it would seem that all of their schedules would be free then...

(I got sad seeing Days Away in there...)
10:19 AM on 07/18/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
it really hurts to see fun. sell themselves short like this, but I can't control their actions so fuck it. say what you want, that I'm an asshole, elitist idiot, or whatever, but here's some truth. The Format wouldn't be playing this shit. the reason for that, is because they knew they were too good for it. And I don't even mean this show in particular, their overall choice of tours lately has had me scratching my head.

isn't this the same guy who wrote "I'd say I’m one step closer to being just where I want to be, away from this scene"?
10:23 AM on 07/18/11
mkohler
Get Myself Together
User Info.
The first day looks pretty good, day three looks horrible.
11:41 AM on 07/18/11
Indie Star TV
Mainstream Killed the Indie Star
User Info.
Will be there on the 7th for the night's headliner.
11:41 AM on 07/18/11
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it really hurts to see fun. sell themselves short like this, but I can't control their actions so fuck it. say what you want, that I'm an asshole, elitist idiot, or whatever, but here's some truth. The Format wouldn't be playing this shit. the reason for that, is because they knew they were too good for it. And I don't even mean this show in particular, their overall choice of tours lately has had me scratching my head.

isn't this the same guy who wrote "I'd say I’m one step closer to being just where I want to be, away from this scene"?
Not sure what you mean by this. Paramore and The Swellers are legit bands. It's not like Fun had some sort of punk rock credibility or whatever before.
11:47 AM on 07/18/11
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.

In the same breath, how have their lyrics or actions ever conveyed an attitude of elitism about themselves? They wouldn't have signed with FBR if they didn't match philosophies or artistic vision, and much can be said for their choice of tours. You act as if bands like Paramore, Panic at the Disco, and Jack's Mannequin are the scourge of the music industry. If anything, it's more fans to fuel the success of fun. and The Format.
12:18 PM on 07/18/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
In the same breath, how have their lyrics or actions ever conveyed an attitude of elitism about themselves? They wouldn't have signed with FBR if they didn't match philosophies or artistic vision, and much can be said for their choice of tours. You act as if bands like Paramore, Panic at the Disco, and Jack's Mannequin are the scourge of the music industry. If anything, it's more fans to fuel the success of fun. and The Format.
i'm not saying elitism, just a sort of distance, you know? Valid point on them signing with FBR. That's how I really feel about it, but I still just really can't understand it. And no, I don't think Paramore, Panic, or Jacks Mannequin are the scourge of the music industry. I'm not really a fan of any of them, but they mean well. To me, none of them could ever dream of doing things fun. can as a group, hence seeing them opening for them is just kind of a bummer. I just don't think little girls are the right demographic for this group, either.
12:25 PM on 07/18/11
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
fuck living in Michigan. I'm so tempted to skip work/class and just go.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests