AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Blink 182 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mark Talks Neighborhoods

Posted by - 11:01 AM on 07/18/11
Mark Hoppus recently described the meaning behind the new Blink 182 album title, Neighborhoods, to MTV. It's pretty similar to what he wrote on Google+, but flows a little better.
From the Article"As Blink-182 reformed, we came to realize that, as close as Travis [Barker], Tom [DeLonge] and I are, we are all very different people. With very different tastes. Travis just released a hip-hop album, Tom always talks about U2, Coldplay and the Police, and I listen to obscure indie rock stuff," Hoppus wrote. "We each bring a very different aesthetic, talent and sound to the band. And in the differences between our ideas, the struggle and edge of all the different directions, is where the good things happen when we write together. "So we're each like different neighborhoods in a city. Everybody in the world thinks of something unique unto themselves when they hear the word 'Neighborhoods,' " he continued. "To some it is a big city, others a small town, others suburbia, everything. The world is wide, exciting and very different. That's what Neighborhoods means to me."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 73
11:01 AM on 07/18/11
joeyjoey
People tell me slow my roll.
User Info.
So much blink news = happiness
11:02 AM on 07/18/11
athdrummer19
User Info.
I dig it. Can't wait to hear more from this album after hearing the sound of "Up All Night"
11:03 AM on 07/18/11
Charles777
my anaconda don't
User Info.
Makes sense.
11:03 AM on 07/18/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Very cool.
11:08 AM on 07/18/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Pretty cool name for the album. I hope the artwork kinda interlaces with the concept of the title. Could be really awesome. The song is amazing and I'm pretty sure it's only a fraction of how amazing the album will be
11:09 AM on 07/18/11
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I'm wanting to hear a new song already! God I know I couldn't be satisfied with one song.
11:11 AM on 07/18/11
BigAl
Here, have a sword.
User Info.
I like that idea a lot.
11:12 AM on 07/18/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Very cool and meaningful. Can't wait to see how the artwork matches up
11:12 AM on 07/18/11
maeisbeautiful
User Info.
So excited!
11:15 AM on 07/18/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Sounds good. Pretty excited to hear the end result.
11:15 AM on 07/18/11
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
Ten years ago no one would have thought they'd have a title that had a deeper meaning to it.
11:18 AM on 07/18/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
11:19 AM on 07/18/11
mms13
should i say something sensational?
User Info.
They shouldn't have to defend or describe the meaning behind it, it should be able to stand on its own.

Kind of a lame album name in my opinion but it's not like it matters - I'm just excited to hear it!
11:20 AM on 07/18/11
Jet Set Paul
User Info.
After listening to "Up All Night" 5 or 6 times, it's really starting to grow on me. I didn't hate it at all when I first heard it, but I can't say that I was all that impressed either. I'm actually liking more and more each time I listen to it though. I wouldn't call it one of their best songs, but I think it shows a good progression from their last album, and I have high hopes for Neighborhoods.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos