Username
Password

06:01 AM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
And We Both Take Our Revenge
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Does anyone know when the beta is supposed to stat? I'm so stoked!

No word yet, but the rumor is the 27th for medal of honor limited edition people and the 29th for everyone else.
09:21 AM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Prediction: Over-hyped by internet fanboys who will discover it's just like every other BF game, just slightly prettier than the previous.

EA has done a really good job marketing this game and convincing people it's going to be revolutionary despite the fact that the only impressive thing about thus far has been the graphics.
09:37 AM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
Protested Hero
Jon
Massachusetts
Male - 25 Years Old
Prediction: Over-hyped by internet fanboys who will discover it's just like every other BF game, just slightly prettier than the previous.

EA has done a really good job marketing this game and convincing people it's going to be revolutionary despite the fact that the only impressive thing about thus far has been the graphics.

Have you even played it?

I played the alpha on my PC and it blew me away. Not because of the graphics, mind you, but because of how wonderful it was to play it.
09:46 AM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Have you even played it?

I played the alpha on my PC and it blew me away. Not because of the graphics, mind you, but because of how wonderful it was to play it.
No, and neither have most of the people proclaiming that this game is the second coming of Christ.

I'm excited for the game don't get me wrong. I'm just absolutely tired of people hyping this game up so much. Yes it will be a great game, but it's still BF at the core. I haven't seen anything other than it's graphics that really bring anything new to the genre. That's only looking at it from a PC standpoint. Crysis 2 and Gears 3 are both well within the same realm of graphics that BF3 will have on consoles.

I just don't see what it is about this game that is going to make it stand as such an outstanding FPS. Seems like more of the same.
10:27 AM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
Protested Hero
Jon
Massachusetts
Male - 25 Years Old
No, and neither have most of the people proclaiming that this game is the second coming of Christ.

I'm excited for the game don't get me wrong. I'm just absolutely tired of people hyping this game up so much. Yes it will be a great game, but it's still BF at the core. I haven't seen anything other than it's graphics that really bring anything new to the genre. That's only looking at it from a PC standpoint. Crysis 2 and Gears 3 are both well within the same realm of graphics that BF3 will have on consoles.

I just don't see what it is about this game that is going to make it stand as such an outstanding FPS. Seems like more of the same.

The hype has been generated by people that have played the game (ie: games journalists, etc.). I've played the alpha, I've seen the live demo at PAX East, and I've watched numerous gameplay videos and/or interviews. A game company exists to make money, and it looks like the hype is going to earn EA said money. No one is forcing you to buy or play the game.
11:52 AM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
The hype has been generated by people that have played the game (ie: games journalists, etc.). I've played the alpha, I've seen the live demo at PAX East, and I've watched numerous gameplay videos and/or interviews. A game company exists to make money, and it looks like the hype is going to earn EA said money. No one is forcing you to buy or play the game.
Did you even read what I said?

Like I said before, I am looking forward to the game and think it will be great, but people are touting this game to be something beyond what it has thus far proven to be.

How is this game different from other BF games? How is it going to be a huge success when it seems like an updated BF? I ask this because BF has never been a massive franchise yet somehow it is suddenly the CoD-killer for many. I'm just tired of these baseless statements that people seem to make about the game. I have not seen anything being done significantly different from previous entries in the series so I am bewildered why people are praising this game to such absurd levels.

I'm just not sold on a few nice looking demos ran on a PC and some game journalists (which are totally unreliable to begin with) saying it's going to be great.
12:32 PM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
After recently getting into Battlefield Bad Company 2, I'm gonna go ahead and get Battlefield 3, but not before Modern Warfare 3.
01:18 PM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
Protested Hero
Jon
Massachusetts
Male - 25 Years Old
Did you even read what I said?

Like I said before, I am looking forward to the game and think it will be great, but people are touting this game to be something beyond what it has thus far proven to be.

How is this game different from other BF games? How is it going to be a huge success when it seems like an updated BF? I ask this because BF has never been a massive franchise yet somehow it is suddenly the CoD-killer for many. I'm just tired of these baseless statements that people seem to make about the game. I have not seen anything being done significantly different from previous entries in the series so I am bewildered why people are praising this game to such absurd levels.

I'm just not sold on a few nice looking demos ran on a PC and some game journalists (which are totally unreliable to begin with) saying it's going to be great.

Come at me, bro.
01:27 PM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Genuinely asking questions there, but alright.
02:13 PM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old
No word yet, but the rumor is the 27th for medal of honor limited edition people and the 29th for everyone else.

Nooooo I'll be outta town then! Hopefully it lasts until I get back on the 30th, I'm sure it will
02:18 PM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
And We Both Take Our Revenge
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Nooooo I'll be outta town then! Hopefully it lasts until I get back on the 30th, I'm sure it will

I'm sure it will.
03:48 PM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
Male - 22 Years Old

I know you're statement is about BF3, but this is how I feel about CoD.
04:29 PM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Troy, Missouri
Male - 26 Years Old
People really need to stop arguing about this shit, it's childish and goes absolutely nowhere.
06:30 PM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
I know you're statement is about BF3, but this is how I feel about CoD.
Thought of that as I was typing it. The genre as a whole is rather stagnant. I wouldn't be surprised if MW3 and BF3 are the last "modern" shooters I buy for a good while.
07:57 PM on 09/13/11 
User Info.
Protested Hero
Jon
Massachusetts
Male - 25 Years Old
I'll keep playing them as long as they're fun. The same thing happened with MOH and COD1-2 and the over-saturation of the WWII market. They stopped being fun, so people stopped buying. Now I can pick up a game like Red Orchestra 2 and have a blast with it, even though it's a WWII shooter.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets