AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:52 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old
Beta started today for pc players who pre-ordered on Origin and for people who bought Medal of Honor, anyone play it yet? What's it like? I got my download code today but I won't be able to use it until Friday :(
07:59 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Beta gameplay looks like more of the same. Not necessarily a bad thing. Strange they chose a map with almost no vehicle gameplay. Might be a little misleading for people that have never played a BF game before.
09:16 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
My friend pre-ordered Medal of Honor so him and I have been playing it all night. We are both really into it. The explosions and sounds are just amazing.
10:40 PM on 09/27/11 
User Info.
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
I just pre-ordered this from Amazon.
Never played before...always played Duty...but I've been getting sick of Duty.

Did I make a good choice?
09:27 AM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old

Yes sir, it's awesome
09:32 AM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.

Can't wait to play the Beta tomorrow.
09:54 AM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old

You'll probably enjoy it. BF games have always been very good. They're different from CoD, but if you enjoy shooters in general, you should like this.
01:04 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
Male - 22 Years Old
Anyone play beta? How is it? Will it really be the "CoD killer"?

I hope so.
01:49 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old

I hope so.

The beta with its glitches still beats COD for me.
01:57 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old

I hope so.
Nope.

People need to realize that it's BF with better graphics. BF games are good in their own right, but this whole CoD killer mentality is ridiculous. They're entirely different types of shooters meaning they're going to appeal to different people.
02:12 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
Male - 22 Years Old
Hm. I'm still debating what one to pick up.
02:29 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Hm. I'm still debating what one to pick up.
I'm guessing the option for both isn't viable. BF can be a much more tactical game with various people filling different roles on a team. The option between the different classes is what I find most appealing. You can roll with a squad of people where one person is healing everyone, another is supplying ammo and another is dealing with taking out or repairing vehicles. Because of that there's a lot more variation in the gameplay ultimately giving the player lots of options on how they want to play the game.

Obviously MW3's new pointstreak classes are trying to adopt a similar gameplay but BF definitely wins in that category. Another big thing is that CoD is known for its twitch finger playstyle. BF historically is much more open, so there's less of a need to play like that.

Overall they're both going to be great games, just very different from one another which is why the comparison between the two is pretty pointless.
03:39 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm guessing the option for both isn't viable. BF can be a much more tactical game with various people filling different roles on a team. The option between the different classes is what I find most appealing. You can roll with a squad of people where one person is healing everyone, another is supplying ammo and another is dealing with taking out or repairing vehicles. Because of that there's a lot more variation in the gameplay ultimately giving the player lots of options on how they want to play the game.

Obviously MW3's new pointstreak classes are trying to adopt a similar gameplay but BF definitely wins in that category. Another big thing is that CoD is known for its twitch finger playstyle. BF historically is much more open, so there's less of a need to play like that.

Overall they're both going to be great games, just very different from one another which is why the comparison between the two is pretty pointless.
Thanks for the info. I've never played any of the BF's but always thought they looked cool and CoD has just been boring to me. I might wait and just check out the reviews first.
05:42 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah I love both battlefield and COD, they're both great to me but too different to compare. I'll play battlefield when I feel like playing tactically with some friends or some randoms, but COD is a better game to just pick up and play for some mindless and quick fun. I really don't think one is better then the other so I just enjoy both.
06:55 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Played the Beta for a little bit. Pretty much what I expected. It's definitely really good, but it's still Battlefield with some minor tweaks. You definitely have more fluid control over your movements compared to previous BF games, so it definitely feels a little faster paced because of that.

Graphics looks nice. If you've played Crysis 2, then you've seen this level of quality before.

Basically if you've ever liked BF, you'll love this but I don't see this winning over many new fans that haven't liked previous BF games.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos