Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
02:52 PM on 07/26/11
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Pretty cool video, but all thier songs kinda sounds the same nowdays.
You're right, all of their songs do have salsa bits in them.
04:47 PM on 07/26/11
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
go record some songs with a band, then we can talk about how creative you can get.
ridiculous.
I can't tell what you're implying here. I was being sarcastic with my earlier post. August Burns Red are arguably the most creative and technical band in metalcore, and I've loved everything they've put out.

For the record, I have recorded songs with a band. Several times spanning many years.
06:11 PM on 07/26/11
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
They are not creative or that technical at all compared to other bands (atleast not in the guitar and bass aspect). Throwing in a salsa part in one song doesnt make them creative. Bands like BTBAM, After The Burial and Protest The Hero blows them out of the water in making technical and creative "nu-metalcore".

I used to like them before but they are practically taking parts from older songs and putting them in new songs. For example 2.00 in up against the ropes and the intro to empire, the breakdown @ 2.05 in back burner and the breakdown @ 0.20 in internal cannon.
Sorry, I'll never listen to anyone who says JB and Brent aren't creative or technical guitarists.

Don't even get me started on Protest the Hero. Never seen a band morph their sound more to fit what's in.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests