Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 40
04:29 PM on 07/26/11
Montauk1222
APWP Champion: 4th times a charm
User Info.
This band is so insane live, ever get a chance to see them do it.
04:31 PM on 07/26/11
HyperactiveYout
Your twisted change is normal.
User Info.
Hmmm, I've been trying to get into this band for a few years now. I just don't understand the hype. They're not bad by any means, it just doesn't stand out to me. There's some interesting riffage, going on in there...but from what I can see that looks pretty standard for them, and not that exciting. Also the vocals are pretty grating.

Not sure what to think, might check them out at Warped. Might not.
04:39 PM on 07/26/11
bifforama1
@cahayes2
User Info.
Literally laughed aloud when I saw Jake playing the cowbell. Ridiculous. As was the whole video.
05:47 PM on 07/26/11
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
go record some songs with a band, then we can talk about how creative you can get.
ridiculous.
I can't tell what you're implying here. I was being sarcastic with my earlier post. August Burns Red are arguably the most creative and technical band in metalcore, and I've loved everything they've put out.

For the record, I have recorded songs with a band. Several times spanning many years.
06:05 PM on 07/26/11
good_tennis!
User Info.
When the fuck did August Burns Red turn into Parkway Drive? *meaning ABR sounds exactly the same as Parkway Drive now*
06:06 PM on 07/26/11
BIGSALE
i hide behind these ribs of mine
User Info.
in defense of the genre
06:09 PM on 07/26/11
dan sings
Exactly, right!?
User Info.
I can't tell what you're implying here. I was being sarcastic with my earlier post. August Burns Red are arguably the most creative and technical band in metalcore, and I've loved everything they've put out.

For the record, I have recorded songs with a band. Several times spanning many years.
Haha sorry, bro! All I saw was an angry bear. Good to know your in good taste!
06:15 PM on 07/26/11
Takethisoath99
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
go record some songs with a band, then we can talk about how creative you can get.
ridiculous.
I think he was bashing the first guy for saying that their songs sound the same nowadays.
06:17 PM on 07/26/11
Tingstrm
Not registered user
User Info.

They are not creative or that technical at all compared to other bands (atleast not in the guitar and bass aspect). Throwing in a salsa part in one song doesnt make them creative. Bands like BTBAM, After The Burial and Protest The Hero blows them out of the water in making technical and creative "nu-metalcore".

I used to like them before but they are practically taking parts from older songs and putting them in new songs. For example 2.00 in up against the ropes and the intro to empire, the breakdown @ 2.05 in back burner and the breakdown @ 0.20 in internal cannon.
06:19 PM on 07/26/11
thedaywedied
twitter.com/thesouth
User Info.
The only band from who I will ever accept synchronized headbanging
07:11 PM on 07/26/11
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
They are not creative or that technical at all compared to other bands (atleast not in the guitar and bass aspect). Throwing in a salsa part in one song doesnt make them creative. Bands like BTBAM, After The Burial and Protest The Hero blows them out of the water in making technical and creative "nu-metalcore".

I used to like them before but they are practically taking parts from older songs and putting them in new songs. For example 2.00 in up against the ropes and the intro to empire, the breakdown @ 2.05 in back burner and the breakdown @ 0.20 in internal cannon.
Sorry, I'll never listen to anyone who says JB and Brent aren't creative or technical guitarists.

Don't even get me started on Protest the Hero. Never seen a band morph their sound more to fit what's in.
07:27 PM on 07/26/11
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
For example 2.00 in up against the ropes and the intro to empire, the breakdown @ 2.05 in back burner and the breakdown @ 0.20 in internal cannon.
close, but no
08:00 PM on 07/26/11
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
i really like this video (although i think white washed was pretty pro), and i do like this song but i feel as if the song and video didnt match up very well. another exceptional job by them though
08:29 PM on 07/26/11
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like the idea, and the video wasn't awful. But it just seems kind of awkward.
After the video for "Meddler", not much else can stack up.
08:49 PM on 07/26/11
bifforama1
@cahayes2
User Info.

I can definitely hear what you're referring to with the similarities in parts. That being said, metalcore is so narrow, I can see why it would be easy to write the same part twice without realizing it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos