Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 90.
01:47 PM on 07/28/11
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
User Info.
Say Anything's Is a Real Boy, Modest Mouse's The Moon and Antarctica and Coheed and Cambria's Good Apollo I are albums that have stuck with me. Listening to Max spit "pull the cord from the phone I am dining alone", Isaac howling "I don't want you to be alone down there" and the great instrumentation of Good Apollo's Willing Wells have their hooks in me.

Recently, I must confess that not many albums have come out that I feel will still have an impact down the line. The Dear Hunter is a band that I think will continue to have an impact on the music scene for several years to come.
01:50 PM on 07/28/11
brandneww
User Info.
Brand New- Your Favorite Weapon
Taking Back Sunday- Tell All Your Friends
Mest- Destination Unknown
New Found Glory- S/T
Good Charlotte- S/T
The Early November- For All of This
Finch- What It Is To Burn
The Starting Line- Say It Like You Mean It
Something Coprorate- Leaving Through the Window

At 25, I can still listen to everyone of these albums and love them. They're also a time machine that takes me back to a simpler time, but where everything seemed to damn important. Every girlfriend was "the one" and every friendship would last a lifetime. That's the reason I think these songs and albums stick with you: at that point in your life there is so much going on and changing that the music becomes a soundtrack to your life. The memories I have that are attached to these albums are so vivid. I can remember who I was with, where, what we were doing, what we were saying. It's almost like the music contains the memories, and listening to it releases them. Makes me incredibly nostalgic.
01:54 PM on 07/28/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
And how could I forget these two:

For All of This
Is This Thing Loaded?
01:54 PM on 07/28/11
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
i can still listen to Northstar's Pollyanna pretty much any time. But not a lot of albums from 10 years ago have stuck with me. There are albums I still like that I listened to 10 years ago, but that weren't necessarily from that time period.
01:57 PM on 07/28/11
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
This makes me feel young for once.
01:58 PM on 07/28/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Brand New- Your Favorite Weapon
Taking Back Sunday- Tell All Your Friends
Mest- Destination Unknown
New Found Glory- S/T
Good Charlotte- S/T
The Early November- For All of This
Finch- What It Is To Burn
The Starting Line- Say It Like You Mean It
Something Coprorate- Leaving Through the Window

At 25, I can still listen to everyone of these albums and love them. They're also a time machine that takes me back to a simpler time, but where everything seemed to damn important. Every girlfriend was "the one" and every friendship would last a lifetime. That's the reason I think these songs and albums stick with you: at that point in your life there is so much going on and changing that the music becomes a soundtrack to your life. The memories I have that are attached to these albums are so vivid. I can remember who I was with, where, what we were doing, what we were saying. It's almost like the music contains the memories, and listening to it releases them. Makes me incredibly nostalgic.

Couldn't have said it better myself and those are some of my favorites as well.
02:00 PM on 07/28/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
i can still listen to Northstar's Pollyanna pretty much any time. But not a lot of albums from 10 years ago have stuck with me. There are albums I still like that I listened to 10 years ago, but that weren't necessarily from that time period.

I put Pollyanna on at least one a week. I love Is This Thing Loaded, but Pollyanna is a perfect album in my opinion.
02:11 PM on 07/28/11
tweeder812
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Juliana Theory - Emotion is Dead....first time i fell in love with music.........
02:12 PM on 07/28/11
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
I think 1998-2000 was when I really started getting into this kind of music. Here are a few albums that come to mind when I try and recall what helped lay down a foundation of the music I listen to today.

Blink-182 - Enema Of The State
Saves The Day - Through Being Cool
Alkaline Trio - Maybe I'll Catch Fire
A New Found Glory - Self-Titled

However the one CD that comes to mind more any others, was Green Day's 1997 release of Nimrod. Before hearing that kind of music, I was listening to bands like Counting Crows, Wallflowers, Goo Goo Dolls etc. Green Day really opened doors for me when I was young, and no matter how much hate I have in my heart for the terrible music they come out with today, I won't ever forget enjoying Nimrod as much as I did. I remember my mom even put the "Good Riddance" lyrics in my graduation yearbook for the little square thing that was designated to me. It's the only album that literally gives me a lump in my throat whenever I think about it. So thank you Green Day for paving the way, and for all the memories you left me with!

02:25 PM on 07/28/11
knorr45
IG: rj_knorr
User Info.
blink-182 - S/T
When blink hit it big with Enema I was still in a top 40 phase and I didn't make much connection with any albums. The only thing I would listen to had to be played on the radio or MTV. Looking back that kind of makes me a little sad inside.

Yellowcard - Ocean Ave
An old friend of mine introduced me to this album after I told her I wanted more than just blink. During my junior and senior years in high school I listened to this constantly, along with Mest's S/T and Matchbook Romance's Stories and Alibis

TBS - Where You Want to Be
Now I know it seems to be the general opinion on this site that Tell All Your Friends is their best work and many think they will never top it. That's fine, I respect the opinion. However, I listened this first and what Adam and Fred were singing really hit home and connected with me during that time in my life.

I listened to a lot of different music during that time period and even more since then, but those are the big three that come to mind.
02:58 PM on 07/28/11
Karl Hansen
www.lowcutrock.com
User Info.
Just turned 27 so I'm even older...

It all, of course, began with Green Day, Offspring and Bad Religion breaking into the mainstream in 1994. After that some Punk-O-Rama and Fat samplers and I was hooked. For many years my favourite band was (and maybe, in a nostalgic way still is) NOFX. To simplify, I only liked bands who had a drummer who could play as fast or faster than Erik Sandin.

I never really liked (still don't) Yellowcard, Sum 41, Good Charlotte or Mest. I would like to think that I, at 17, was too mature, but probably I was just being prejudice. Already then I had strong opinions about what was "punk" (another word for acceptable) and not.

10 Years ago however saw a shift and I began venturing into what was THEN called "Emo"..., more specifically - Saves The Day's "Stay What You Are" - possibly my favourite record ever,

and The Get Up Kids - On A Wire. Which I then liked more than Something To Write Home About, not any more though.

Another band that sticks out is Audio Karate who made two superb records back then.
03:06 PM on 07/28/11
cmccloskey
To Here Knows When
User Info.
What about older users?
03:07 PM on 07/28/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
What about older users?

What are you 45?
03:09 PM on 07/28/11
cmccloskey
To Here Knows When
User Info.
No.
Are there users on here 40 and over?
03:23 PM on 07/28/11
flyingmonkey711
User Info.
blink-182 - S/T
When blink hit it big with Enema I was still in a top 40 phase and I didn't make much connection with any albums. The only thing I would listen to had to be played on the radio or MTV. Looking back that kind of makes me a little sad inside.

Yellowcard - Ocean Ave
An old friend of mine introduced me to this album after I told her I wanted more than just blink. During my junior and senior years in high school I listened to this constantly, along with Mest's S/T and Matchbook Romance's Stories and Alibis

TBS - Where You Want to Be
Now I know it seems to be the general opinion on this site that Tell All Your Friends is their best work and many think they will never top it. That's fine, I respect the opinion. However, I listened this first and what Adam and Fred were singing really hit home and connected with me during that time in my life.

I listened to a lot of different music during that time period and even more since then, but those are the big three that come to mind.

These, along with From Under The Cork Tree, were my shit junior and senior year of high school. For all the same reasons. We should be friends. Haha
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests