Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 90.
06:06 AM on 07/29/11
dennk018
dennk018
User Info.
I also must add From Depths to Dreams, Armor For Sleep's Car Underwater, Millencolin's "Pennybridgr Pioneers" (a Top 5 for me) and how could I forget "Tell All Your Friends"
07:00 AM on 07/29/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Also, I fucking hate it when people just name drop a million albums with no explanation on why they're important to them

Shut up, dude. This is just for fun. Don't be that guy.
07:04 AM on 07/29/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
10 years ago I was 11 and I loved all the pop-punk bands MuchMusic had in heavy rotation. Green Day's Warning, Sum 41's All Killer No Filler, Gob's The World According to Gob, Treble Charger's Wide Awake Bored and Blink-182's Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. I don't listen to those records regularly anymore, but I can still enjoy them. And I still love pop-punk.

Mmm Gob.

My first show ever: Oct 2001. Sum41, Gob and Unwritten Law.
10:34 AM on 07/29/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Mmm Gob.

My first show ever: Oct 2001. Sum41, Gob and Unwritten Law.

Awesome! My first show was Sum 41 too, but later. I begged my dad to let me see them in May 2003 with Billy Talent and Flashlight Brown. Never got around to seeing Gob until February 2009, but it was an amazing show regardless.
10:36 AM on 07/29/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Awesome! My first show was Sum 41 too, but later. I begged my dad to let me see them in May 2003 with Billy Talent and Flashlight Brown. Never got around to seeing Gob until February 2009, but it was an amazing show regardless.

Ha! I totally forgot about Flashlight Brown! What a Kazaa band. What were some of their songs again?
10:41 AM on 07/29/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Ha! I totally forgot about Flashlight Brown! What a Kazaa band. What were some of their songs again?

"Ready To Roll" is the only one I remember:

I never actually picked up one of their records, at the time I was just there for Sum 41, haha. Although I did become a Billy Talent fan shortly after. That band blew up across Canada 4 months after that tour.
11:05 AM on 07/29/11
whywar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ten years ago I was 11. I have no intention of bragging about my music taste. But a year later I bought an album that entirely altered my taste in music. Sorry it's not surprising, but it's the obvious Tell All Your Friends album. Everything fell into place from there...

Im 24 will be 25 in november and I have to agree on Tell all your friends. That and the first two Brand New albums. Also Chesire cat and The greatest Story ever Told. Oh and how could I forget Maybe Ill catch Fire,and God Damnit.

I think in another Ten years White Pony by the deftones and Hail Destroyer by the Cancer Bats.
12:35 PM on 07/29/11
sean-reid
seanreidportfolio.com
User Info.
I was 14 ten years ago. Back then I was listening to Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Slipknot but I was just getting into Blink-182, Alkaline Trio and Jimmy Eat World; three bands that I continue to support and listen to today. Along with Vagrant Records and Warped Tour compilations, those bands led me on to countless other bands and more or less shaped my music taste today.
01:14 PM on 07/29/11
knorr45
Jokes on you... we got paid anyway
User Info.
These, along with From Under The Cork Tree, were my shit junior and senior year of high school. For all the same reasons. We should be friends. Haha

FUCT was a big one for me back in the day too. We probably should be friends haha
03:53 PM on 07/29/11
ourlady311
User Info.
So much nostalgia. 10 years ago I was 17 and preparing to enter my senior year of high school. My favorite band was Our Lady Peace, second was 311. I'll still listen to some of their jams every now and again, but rarely.

Albums that have stood the test of time...

311 - blue album, transistor, grassroots, music
something corporate - ready...break
incubus - make yourself
brand new - deja entendu
yellowcard - ocean avenue
our lady peace - spiritual machines

could be tons
03:54 PM on 07/29/11
ourlady311
User Info.
oh, and of course TAYF. i think that goes without saying if you're old enough to post on this topic.
04:31 PM on 07/29/11
Karl Hansen
www.lowcutrock.com
User Info.
"Ready To Roll" is the only one I remember:

I never actually picked up one of their records, at the time I was just there for Sum 41, haha. Although I did become a Billy Talent fan shortly after. That band blew up across Canada 4 months after that tour.
Awesome band which I used to love! I thought they were going to blow up...but what happened?

Are they still active
10:50 PM on 07/29/11
Castle Builders
Been fly since I was a young larvae
User Info.
I would say Full Collapse was the pinnacle album of my angsty teenage years. Then I started to get less serious and develop a liking to Pop Punk. At some point in my college years I started gravitating toward the punk rock scene and that was after I was all about The Lawrence Arms Oh Calcutta and everyone kinda had this young-at-heart love for The Gaslight Anthem's Sink Or Swim as well. The artsy side of me fell in love with La Dispute's Somewhere At the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair and I was attending their local shows every chance I'd get. But before that, I started really getting into hardcore music after Set Your Goals' Mutiny. Fallen From The Sky's Tonight We Radiate was enough for me to get a 'High Spirits' tattoo and now I sell things at a retail store. Every day I blare some punk rock to get pumped before I go in and sell. Then, by the time I leave for lunch, dissatisfied with this feeling that I'm just slaving away for someone else, I mellow out by listening to Not Like This by Iron Chic and accepting the fact that I've sold my soul. Finally, after a long day of dealing with stupid customers, I drive home blasting Grey Britain by the Gallows to blow off some steam. Then I come home and sit on this dang computer. Those are albums I would say played some major role in my life.

Oh also Lucero and Man Overboard. No specific albums but suddenly started singing along with all these uppity Man Overboard songs when I fell for this girl. But that changed, things just have their way of not working out and Lucero was kinda there to heal some heartache. Ten years later, after all the changing musical tastes and the different albums that have impacted my life, Thursday seemed to strangely bring things back full-circle with the release of No Devolucion; an album I have regarded as the best album of our generation. A title that I previously considered Full Collapse to be. I know I am probably no longer on topic with this thread and I know I missed out on a lot of great albums but those were just a handful I really had a memory I could attach to it.
10:42 AM on 07/30/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Awesome band which I used to love! I thought they were going to blow up...but what happened?

Are they still active

No idea. They haven't been active in a long time to the best of my knowledge.
11:22 PM on 08/07/11
cbaxter182
User Info.
I was a fucking weirdo when i was a kid. The first record I ever bought was a place in the sun by lit. The second was enema of the state and that changed my life forever. Soon after all killer no filler and so many others came out. I couldnt help but fall in love with pop punk. The strange thing was that I never even discovered brand new, tbs, green day, or so many others until years later. An unfortunate circumstance of living in east coast rap territory.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS