Username
Password
Mayday Parade News - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 116 of 116.
02:14 PM on 08/01/11
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
Interesting, seems like the records going to be dark.
02:58 PM on 08/01/11
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
shitty cover for a shit band....makes sense.
03:14 PM on 08/01/11
Naenia
Ay payita mia, guardate la poesia
User Info.
The colors are strange (obviously) and I'm not sure I like them, but the umbrella guy's on the cover and that's all that matters =D
05:01 PM on 08/01/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
It is the first song on the album. And it drags. Call it what you want, but a 90 second, unstructured outro-thing is not the way to start any album.
Yeah, it is way too long for a non-ballad song (even if it were a ballad, it's too long). I think it would've done just fine without the 2nd verse and 2nd chorus but keeping the rest of the song. It'd maked the song only about 4 minutes, which I'm okay with.

I liked the outro, it keeps the song from being another generic mess - at least structure wise. The last line was good too; it's contrasts with the intro.
06:07 PM on 08/01/11
i_was_a_lid
And This is How
User Info.
New song is excellent. I didn't really like the previous record but "Oh Well, Oh Well" sounds like something off "A Lesson in Romantics"
07:34 PM on 08/01/11
LessThan3
Oppar Oppar
User Info.
I like it!! The way the background looks, the album might be one the dark side.. I'm excited!
09:56 PM on 08/01/11
BeenHereFor1000
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It is the first song on the album. And it drags. Call it what you want, but a 90 second, unstructured outro-thing is not the way to start any album.

So what you're saying is they should just conform and write an album opener that's similar to every other bands'?? Not sure I get that one. Besides 4 out of 6 songs on TTBDF were over 4 minutes long... including JSYNII, which was the album opener... and Your Song was just 3 seconds shy. And TTBDF never gets crap for its long songs... at least not that I've seen. In fact, most of them are universally praised by Mayday fans.
11:07 PM on 08/01/11
TheNewBlack88
We'll say no to love, yes.
User Info.
So what you're saying is they should just conform and write an album opener that's similar to every other bands'?? Not sure I get that one. Besides 4 out of 6 songs on TTBDF were over 4 minutes long... including JSYNII, which was the album opener... and Your Song was just 3 seconds shy. And TTBDF never gets crap for its long songs... at least not that I've seen. In fact, most of them are universally praised by Mayday fans.
It's a matter of opinion and my opinion is that I dislike it. I'd also like to add that I've been a big fan for years and cannot sit through most of Tales Told. Sorry dude.
06:27 PM on 08/03/11
amyea10
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
if you like the first single off of their self titled album you can now pick it up on itunes here! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/oh-...le/id454405681
07:04 PM on 08/03/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Weird.
08:13 AM on 08/11/11
Takethis2heart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
says who? the iconic grid of how an album and every song should be structured? Just because its not the way every other band does it doesnt make it bad, well have to wait for the whole album to be released to see how it fits but as of now it completes the song in my opinion. and unstructured is a bit of a stretch..
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums