Username
Password
Say Anything News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 37.
03:29 PM on 08/03/11
infiniteopera
I'll have you beggin' on your knees
User Info.
Gonna check out Powers, hopefully it's as good as you say, Mr. Bemis! :)

If I had a Twitter, I'd follow you into the dark.

EDIT: Have you read/do you like Uzumaki? Good stuff, highly recommended if you haven't.
03:30 PM on 08/03/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I may be slightly biased but if you haven't already, check out The Umbrella Academy, it's amazing. Grant Morrison was a huge influence on it.
03:45 PM on 08/03/11
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
i guess he really likes comics
05:49 PM on 08/03/11
AlexWithaC
User Info.
Max getting into manga is the best SA news ever.
07:01 PM on 08/03/11
anti-venom
User Info.
I love Max and I love comics.
07:06 PM on 08/03/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
i've never been into comics or any of that kind of thing. Tried reading the coheed graphic novels but it didn't stick.
07:44 PM on 08/03/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
why ew, jason my good sir.... are you not a fan of mr.morrison's?
-maxim
hey max, big fan. what do you think of the new ultimate spider-man (if you are even following that bit of the comic world)? i can't believe they killed off peter parker for that mess!!
08:08 PM on 08/03/11
goodguy8705
User Info.
I'm the first person he ever tweeted. Woot.
08:10 PM on 08/03/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
hey max, big fan. what do you think of the new ultimate spider-man (if you are even following that bit of the comic world)? i can't believe they killed off peter parker for that mess!!
Did they ruin that too? Man, I liked it when Bagley was doing the art. Then I stopped reading.
08:12 PM on 08/03/11
goodguy8705
User Info.
why ew, jason my good sir.... are you not a fan of mr.morrison's?
-maxim

Personally, I think Grant Morrison is crazy overrated. The Return of Bruce Wayne sucked. Batman and Robin was really hit or miss but has gotten better since he moved on. Batman Incorporated is progressively getting worse.

His other stuff is okay, but I don't go gaga for the guy.
08:14 PM on 08/03/11
goodguy8705
User Info.
Did they ruin that too? Man, I liked it when Bagley was doing the art. Then I stopped reading.

People are throwing a hissy fit because Marvel stated the new Spider-Man isn't white for diversity reasons. Had they just kept their mouth shut, I think everything would have been fine, or at the very least, better than it is now.
08:19 PM on 08/03/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
People are throwing a hissy fit because Marvel stated the new Spider-Man isn't white for diversity reasons. Had they just kept their mouth shut, I think everything would have been fine, or at the very least, better than it is now.
I just, personally, get tired of them "killing off" characters -- bringing them back -- etc. etc. etc. I think all the writers want to make a "mark" ... so they kill the character. Then we get someone new for a while ... new suit ... blah blah ... and then they ret-con that shit and we go back to how it should have been.

Heh.
09:11 PM on 08/03/11
goodguy8705
User Info.
I just, personally, get tired of them "killing off" characters -- bringing them back -- etc. etc. etc. I think all the writers want to make a "mark" ... so they kill the character. Then we get someone new for a while ... new suit ... blah blah ... and then they ret-con that shit and we go back to how it should have been.

Heh.
I agree. Killing off characters has lost pretty much all it's meaning with writers magically reviving them (Blackest Night/Brightest Day anyone?).

The last major character to get killed off that I cared about was Al Simmons in the Spawn series and I'm pretty sure he won't be coming back. I know Spawn isn't really an amazing book, but the art is PHENOMENAL now. Definitely check it out if you're into that sort of thing. Also, Greg Capullo (of Spawn fame) will be penciling the new Batman series so that should be amazing.

Back on topic, I don't like when authors mess with continuity only to get wet feet and undo everything. We are on the same page there.
09:20 PM on 08/03/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
I agree. Killing off characters has lost pretty much all it's meaning with writers magically reviving them (Blackest Night/Brightest Day anyone?).

The last major character to get killed off that I cared about was Al Simmons in the Spawn series and I'm pretty sure he won't be coming back. I know Spawn isn't really an amazing book, but the art is PHENOMENAL now. Definitely check it out if you're into that sort of thing. Also, Greg Capullo (of Spawn fame) will be penciling the new Batman series so that should be amazing.

Back on topic, I don't like when authors mess with continuity only to get wet feet and undo everything. We are on the same page there.
That new Batman like looks like something I will want to read. When does it start?
09:28 PM on 08/03/11
goodguy8705
User Info.
That new Batman like looks like something I will want to read. When does it start?

September I believe.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums