Hello Rainey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No Chicago dates? :(
01:41 PM on 08/04/11
x0kristennn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
might go to this depending on who's opening, a lot of shows happening in the same week.

I'm curious as to who's in charge of that venue, because they are getting a lot of bigger acts for pretty much just coming out of nowhere.

My thoughts are that it's either someone relevant in the "scene" opened it OR it could just be booking a lot of shows because it's FINALLY a mid-sized venue for Long Island. Especially after the Bay Stage and Jones Beach didn't take off... Your choices for a show out there basically go from bar-sized to amphitheater-sized. Whoever opened it knew just what Long Island needed.
01:41 PM on 08/04/11
x0kristennn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Down the street from me... Will check out if there is good support.
01:47 PM on 08/04/11
emocobra666
User Info.
boo no ct so far nothing good coming to toads place this fall
01:47 PM on 08/04/11
Madasahatter93
User Info.
so sad. whatever happened to them selling out Madison square garden two nights in a row?
01:48 PM on 08/04/11
MarkJ801
User Info.
Wtf, they skipped Salt Lake on their last tour, and now they're doing it again!
01:49 PM on 08/04/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Wish Pop's wasn't so damn far away, cuz it's a pretty cool venue. Guess I'll be making the drive to Milwaukee.
01:51 PM on 08/04/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
wow, San Antonio AND Austin? pretty fucking sweet
01:54 PM on 08/04/11
calystarose
bearing a vultuous visage
User Info.
so sad. whatever happened to them selling out Madison square garden two nights in a row?
Pretty. Odd. happened, that's what. I love the album, but it shot their momentum.
02:01 PM on 08/04/11
steve187
nah
User Info.
lol the troc. oh how the mighty have fallen
02:05 PM on 08/04/11
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.

When did they sell out MSG 2 nights in a row? I remember them playing in the side venue of MSG where the NBA draft is hosted but I don't remember them headlining MSG
02:05 PM on 08/04/11
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
just saw their tour with fun. it was a great time.
02:06 PM on 08/04/11
hiya
User Info.
Phew, so I'm not crazy. I was wondering if it was a brand new venue or I had just been missing something for years.

My thoughts are that it's either someone relevant in the "scene" opened it OR it could just be booking a lot of shows because it's FINALLY a mid-sized venue for Long Island. Especially after the Bay Stage and Jones Beach didn't take off... Your choices for a show out there basically go from bar-sized to amphitheater-sized. Whoever opened it knew just what Long Island needed.

yea I was like wtf. It's opening in September, apparently Livenation is one of the forces behind it. If they run things right, this could be great for LI. This article has a picture and some info, they're definitely off to a good start with who they're booking.
02:06 PM on 08/04/11
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Pretty. Odd happened and they lost a large amount of their fanbase, even if they were just casual listeners. And a part of it has to do with the fact that Emo/Alternative/Rock bands (whatever you want to call it) aren't what's really 'in' right now. Compared to 2007, a lot more people are more interested in Pop and Dance music. Just look at Cobra Starship. Even though they pretty much sold themselves out, they're trying to stay relevant with the switch into Dance Pop. I'm sure in a couple of years, some bands are gonna re surge again
02:07 PM on 08/04/11
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
might go to this depending on who's opening, a lot of shows happening in the same week.

I'm curious as to who's in charge of that venue, because they are getting a lot of bigger acts for pretty much just coming out of nowhere.
Yeah, same here. For them to basically compete with Club Loaded they've got to have some pretty solid people behind the whole thing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos