|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Our bassist Sam and Drummer Mike were in the air force together. They felt like they lost some of the best years of their youth. I think anyone can relate to this. Everyone has had a bad/unproductive year or just a year where they missed out on friends and family. Hence "Lost Years"
2. How did this band get started?
I was in a southern rock/metal band at the time and I wanted to do something different. Some friends and I jammed in Sam's garage just for fun for a while not ever making real progress, but then my little metal band broke up and I realized that this is what I should have been focusing on from the beginning.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
A wilhelm scream, john mellencamp, gaslight anthem, foxy shazam, brand new, against me!, sharks, and fireworks. I could name a ton more but these are my favorites that inspire.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Gaslight Anthem would be number one. I don't think I have to give an explanation as to why, just go listen to an album of theirs. Also, Van Halen in David lee Roth era would rule.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Pizza, I'm like a ninja turtle when it comes to pizza.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
NOBODY knows who we are so you can be that real hip kid and be like "Yeah I'm listening to Lost Years" and your friend will say "Who's that?" and you can say "whatever." Then if people actually start to enjoy our music you can call us sellouts.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Seriously? Michael Jordan, space jam era
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Gary, Indiana in it's entirety.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
There are no REAL rockstars anymore. Those days seemed to fade when the internet came around. It would be great if everyone was excited to get their hands on a physical cd like people did with vinyls. Some people still are, I buy cds a lot. I do download an album and if its a stinker I wont buy it. Overall, I would bring back the mystery and the meaning in rock n roll.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Missouri April 16th 2011. Horrible show, cool people, cool place.
Flyered an entire college campus. 5 people showed.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Absolute Punk.net It's where I get my info and I learn about new bands and what my favorite bands are up to. It keeps me in the loop.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Guerilla Prize Fighter, it's on our upcoming album which should be out late October.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I like going to the Dells. Alcohol and waterslides make for a wild ride.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
John mellencamp, jock jams, matchbox 20, blues brothers, and travis tritt
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Flying because I could get outta sticky situations real quick....and I'd be able to play some pretty sly tricks on people.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Eh, we usually bring it in with a cheer and just go for it.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
My name is Davis, I like to party.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio Status; suckage. My band flourishing; No freakin way.
q101 (which is the alt station for the Chicago land area) just got sold to a new station. All we have is hip hop/rap/pop, classic rock, and country stations. With the rise of satellite radio the fm waves seemm to be slowly dying.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
When I'm not working in a factory or playing "band" I like to watch movies, ride my bicycle, spend time with my lady, and go out with my friends. Pretty average stuff. I tried building a model kit of an old pirate ship, but I returned it. It was all plastic and didn't look as cool on the box. Plus I was supposed to buy glue and paint. It became a hassle.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Don't really have any hidden ones. If I got it I flaunt it.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author