AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
08:30 AM on 08/07/11
buckcheeks
User Info.
There has been alot of great albums that came out this year .
but the ones i was looking forward to either turned out like garbage or was better than my expectations .

Falling in reverse-the drug in me is you
this album was a travesty in my opinion i hate it so much i don't even like the singles or demos anymore i mean his voice was so annoying its almost worse than new found glorys chad gilbirts voice but eventually i got over nfg whiny voice and started to like the hipster thing and i didnt even care what they looked like so that didnt play a factor. check out these songs: sink or swim,tragic magic < oh its tragic alright the lyrics are so juvenile like a 15 year girl on her period wrote them

Silverstein-Rescue this album shocked me alot i really wasnt expecting anything at all. im a huge fan have been since 2000 saw the first 5 shows in burlington it was fantastic. this album reminded me of summers stellar gaze meets a shipwreck in the sand meets arrivals and departures . i loved it fast hard inspirational. check out the songs the artist,texas mickey,in memory of.

the full length i looked forward to for 4 years was Close to home-never back down. thi album blew my face off it wasnt the typical cth i came to know it was punky fucky fast lyricaly inspiration it was my favorite album of 2011 and it only came out less than 8 weeks into the year every track was perfection it had everything i loved i loved the punk vocals and the screaming towrds the end of the record but my fovorite tracks had to be picking up the peices ,the veiw from here,sink or swim,all we know,count the ways.

the album that took awhile for me to grow on is Not tonight Josephine-all on the horizon
although im a huge ntj fan hailing from less than ten minutes away from my house this album was different by the time the album stopped playing i felt at times it was too fast not enough meaning or direction or even effort into it .it been a little over 3 month since it came out and i love it. its meaning full the lead voice doesn't sound like a typical grunge voice and drum are perfection. i highly recommend this album for fans of evans blue decyfer down and even nirvana for the bass parts great summer record.

long story short . i never expect anything from albums the meaning for it is ,i wont have anything to be letdown from . and i never truly give up on an album because it sucks i try and give it a chance even multiple because i purchase like 30 new releases a month and i don't want that money wasted and i dont want to keep wasting gas to drop off albums to goodwill or salvation army.

all in all pretty good year for albums theirs ton more i could list but i wont.
the albums im looking forward to are from these bands
:stars go dim,red hot chili peppers,alien ant farm,12 stones,mayday parade,a loss for words,blink 182,scott stapp,the darkness,the offspring

How old are you?
07:58 AM on 08/09/11
buckcheeks
User Info.
I had heard songs from Manchester Orchestra's "Mean Everything to Nothing" here and there but this week I actually gave the whole album a spin, front to back. I was mesmerized. I literally stopped everything o was doing and engulfed myself in it. I'm blown away and have been kicking myself for not giving it a spin sooner. Stupid.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos