Username
Password
Valencia News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Valencia
Inside AP.net

Shane from Valencia Clarifies Tweets

Posted by: Jason Tate (08/08/11)
Shane from Valencia has posted a blog explaining a series of earlier tweets.
From the BlogJust wanted to write you all to clear up any confusion that may have happened early this morning. First of all, Valencia are not breaking up. Secondly, we are a family….not only that, but we are a family on a constant road trip…imagine how that would end up at your house? We fight sometimes, but at the end of the day we are doing what we love, and give everything that we have to be able to do so. I wanted to apologize for what happened. Sometimes we all need to vent, but I went about it in the wrong way. To see people comment with hurtful things when they really don’t understand the situation or the true depth of my feelings… yeah I can’t say that doesn’t hurt. We give everything we have to this, and I always appreciate your continued support of Valencia. As always, the five of us would be no where without you guys. Love,
Shane

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 84
07:16 AM on 08/08/11
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
Its one thing to be pissed, its another to post your opinions on twitter, not to mention roping strangers into it too. Smooth move, guy
07:17 AM on 08/08/11
CRDPats12
colinrdobie.tumblr.com
User Info.
Fuck me. I love this band, hopefully this is just a blip on the radar.
07:22 AM on 08/08/11
ACA
Next Show: Warped Tour @ Camden
User Info.
Having watched these guys grow up from basements and skating rinks (sick brag!11122), it's overwhelmingly obvious how dedicated the band -- especially Shane -- is to music and to his/their fairly large fanbase. They've always been nothing but top notch guys when we've booked them on small shows, and they've always been standup acts and very grateful for any bigger opportunities they've been given.

Their latest release is a huge disappointment to me; I cannot (and would never dream to) put words in the mouths of five guys hurdling around this country making peanuts supporting their dream, but all of the latest Valencia tension/events over the last 12 months seem to stem from this disappointment. Shane could respond to this message directly and shoot every one of my points down, but I just don't believe it: Dancing with a Ghost isn't a good record, and I know that it taking its toll on the Valencia camp. Thankfully, it looks like they do want to move past it: asking the fans to pick the setlists, heading into the studio for a followup soon.

I hope this followup (and perhaps a good tour, one far away from the neon bullshit the band has occasionally found themselves tangled up in) revitalizes my love for Valencia. I'm ready, I hope they are, too. A truly great record can rejuvenate, revitalize, and renew a band. I want nothing more for that for these guys.

Good luck.
07:25 AM on 08/08/11
JoeForPresident
Vocals/Guitar - Modern Chemistry
User Info.
this was pretty damn immature though..
07:29 AM on 08/08/11
Miss Heartcore
If I look back, I am lost.
User Info.
Having watched these guys grow up from basements and skating rinks (sick brag!11122), it's overwhelmingly obvious how dedicated the band -- especially Shane -- is to music and to his/their fairly large fanbase. They've always been nothing but top notch guys when we've booked them on small shows, and they've always been standup acts and very grateful for any bigger opportunities they've been given.

Their latest release is a huge disappointment to me; I cannot (and would never dream to) put words in the mouths of five guys hurdling around this country making peanuts supporting their dream, but all of the latest Valencia tension/events over the last 12 months seem to stem from this disappointment. Shane could respond to this message directly and shoot every one of my points down, but I just don't believe it: Dancing with a Ghost isn't a good record, and I know that it taking its toll on the Valencia camp. Thankfully, it looks like they do want to move past it: asking the fans to pick the setlists, heading into the studio for a followup soon.

I hope this followup (and perhaps a good tour, one far away from the neon bullshit the band has occasionally found themselves tangled up in) revitalizes my love for Valencia. I'm ready, I hope they are, too. A truly great record can rejuvenate, revitalize, and renew a band. I want nothing more for that for these guys.

Good luck.

Dancing with a Ghost is a great album that completely opened up their sound and matured it and when was the last time they toured with neon bands? That hardly seems relevant.
07:29 AM on 08/08/11
danyellxiv
that girl.
User Info.

Good luck.

Idk I disagree I loved the album. And I wasn't a huge fan based on their first release. Dont get me wrong, I love it and I still saw them numerous times but Dancing With a Ghost, in my mind, was awesome. It does have it's luls I will agree but..
07:33 AM on 08/08/11
ReedAreTheUnion
We Are The Union
User Info.
Did they lose a guitar player or what?
07:33 AM on 08/08/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

Good luck.
DWAG wasn't as good as Reason but I disagree that it was a bad record. About half of the songs are awesome, a few more good ones and a couple of misses. I think the hidden track is one of the best tracks, and it gets looked over. I definitely wouldn't consider it a full disappointment.
07:34 AM on 08/08/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Did they lose a guitar player or what?
Yeah, JD isn't in the band anymore.
07:35 AM on 08/08/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Stupid Twitter feuds are stupid. Grow up.
07:38 AM on 08/08/11
ReedAreTheUnion
We Are The Union
User Info.
Yeah, JD isn't in the band anymore.
Oh, weird. I didn't even know that. That's a bummer.
07:40 AM on 08/08/11
esposimi
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
User Info.
Interesting, his account is Private now.
07:45 AM on 08/08/11
introduction
You're not real musician!
User Info.
Well the Twitter thing wasn't something to be proud of, but at least he openly admitted it was stupid and immature, and explained himself.
Also, I love DWAG, I can't think of anything that's wrong with it. It doesn't hit as hard as WANARTB, but I think it had a lot more diversity to it, and that seems to make its staying power stronger than WANARTB.
07:47 AM on 08/08/11
cwhit412
User Info.

Good luck.

The record is only bad if you hate strong musical progression. Incredible record with incredible growth.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums