Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 83.
01:50 PM on 08/11/11
Manbotisdead
speaking hot fire
User Info.
Jay gets him on about half of the tracks, but none of the lyrics are really outstanding (Kanye and Jay are probably rocking a 6 on lyricism for me). I feel like they should have ripped Otis, and they got ridden by the beat.

Production wise and overall sound, this record is a cool listen. It's not going to revolutionize rap, but its fun and creates a cool pop sound.
04:04 PM on 08/11/11
K Eazy
keze is streets ahead
User Info.
This album is great at what it is, a celebration of both of their careers. Great productions and features. I really enjoy the album, and a few of the tracks I can't stop playing: N***a's in Paris, Gotta Have It, and Why I Love You. I get the same vibe of Kanye outshining Jay-Z as you do, Ian. Although I don't really think that this album is meant to be judged as one MC outdoing another, I simply think that some of the tracks would have been better off without Jay.

Another great review, Ian. I look forward to each and every review you do!
04:31 PM on 08/11/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Great review, although I was underwhelmed by the majority of it.
06:00 PM on 08/11/11
KatastrophiE
idiot savant
User Info.
Production is too fresh for me to be able to say i dislike it. Though I could care less about what either of them say on the majority of the tracks, especially jay, as it has been since the black album.
07:58 PM on 08/11/11
seventwenty3
User Info.
I was let down, two of the best rappers alive. All I got out of it was some pretty good beats, some annoying ones and nothing that stands out vocally by either of the two. Oh well I wasn't expecting much anyway.
09:31 PM on 08/11/11
themagicrat
Winnie Cooper is a goddamned whore
User Info.
Completely disagree with you about Frank Ocean, but incredible review nonetheless. I love Jay but this is hardly his best work, he often seems totally outclassed by Kanye.
09:33 PM on 08/11/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
i love "No Church in the Wild" "Lift Off" "N****s in Paris", "That's My Bitch" and "Why I Love You"

other than that - eh eh. i don't regret buying it though.

i definitely was expecting a lot more lyrically overall.
09:39 PM on 08/11/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
(p.s i think Frank was very good on this. No Church in the Wild is probably my favorite song on the whole album)
09:45 PM on 08/11/11
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
it's all about the production/beats with this album. as of late, it's the only thing I really look forward to when hearing about a Kanye production. His lyrics have gotten weaker over time, but his shit always bumps
I thought he was great on MBDTF, but here he is mostly just fooling around. This album is very laid back in a way to me.
09:59 PM on 08/11/11
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
I love you, ian, but jay is far from weak. He smacks kanye around on about 4 tracks. New day, illest mfer, welcome to the jungle, and why I love you all rule. Couldn't disagree more with ya there. Kanye def got jay a few times, but he's younger and has a lot more to rap about than a guy who's at the top of the forbes list and has 11 number one albums. Ya dig?

But as always, great review, you're sexy, etc.
yep.
11:04 PM on 08/11/11
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
I dont agree with this review. Like at all. Id say this is Jays best stuff since The Black album. Id say he kills it on this record. Id of given it much higher that a 79.
11:06 PM on 08/11/11
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
I love you, ian, but jay is far from weak. He smacks kanye around on about 4 tracks. New day, illest mfer, welcome to the jungle, and why I love you all rule. Couldn't disagree more with ya there. Kanye def got jay a few times, but he's younger and has a lot more to rap about than a guy who's at the top of the forbes list and has 11 number one albums. Ya dig?

But as always, great review, you're sexy, etc.
uh huh, what he said.
12:27 AM on 08/12/11
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Kanye murders Jay on this record, but it's the best offering from Jay since American Gangster.
qft.

I've never disagreed with a review more on this website (strictly based on the final number, that is).
12:28 AM on 08/12/11
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Kanye murders Jay on this record, but it's the best offering from Jay since American Gangster.
qft.

I've never disagreed with a review more on this website (strictly based on the final number, that is).
03:08 AM on 08/12/11
fifpb99
User Info.
i love how this is supposed to be an album of 2 artists collaborating and working together and the comments are all about who was better lol.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests