Username
Password

11:39 PM on 09/07/11 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
I thought the utilization of the Douchebag Jar was great as well.

Yeah, I went in thinking she'd be unwatchable-level quirkiness. So she sings her thoughts. She's basically Marshall Erikson in that sense, and who doesn't love him?

I did find the theme song a bit tacky, though.

Agree on all counts. I wish I could remember the one thing that I laughed at the most, it'll come to me....

EDIT: I died when the guy told her to put the LOTR references in the back of a dark cave where no one will ever see them, and her response was that Smeigel would. Something about the delivery of that line was perfect
08:32 AM on 09/08/11 
User Info.
Up Up And Away
Hold up, let me roll up...
In the clouds.
Male - 27 Years Old
Watched the pilot last night. They forced Zooey to try and act wayyyyyy too awkward. If they tone it down a bit, it won't be that bad.
04:08 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm definitely downloading that pilot later.

I couldn't find this thread for the life of me and created another one which I'll delete here in a moment. Stupid abstract small words.
04:13 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm definitely downloading that pilot later.

I couldn't find this thread for the life of me and created another one which I'll delete here in a moment. Stupid abstract small words.
Yeah, man, I've watched the pilot four times now, all with different groups of people, and I'm still really enjoying it. Holds up well after multiple viewings. Lot of good laughs.
04:25 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, man, I've watched the pilot four times now, all with different groups of people, and I'm still really enjoying it. Holds up well after multiple viewings. Lot of good laughs.

That's so awesome. I was really hoping it would be good. I don't think I've ever watched a pilot before it aired so I tend to forget that is even an option. So now I'm pretty excited I don't have to wait.

I was reading that the Coach isn't going to be in the rest of the show. I'm assuming that is the black fellow (since he is the one wearing a track suit). He looked like he would end up being my favorite of the 3 males.
09:13 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Alright so I have to say, that was my favorite theme song like...ever.

I am going to love this show so much unconditionally and it's probably going to piss everyone off in this thread.
09:23 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Holy fuck! I just realized the third guy is Leo.

09:27 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
chasingsafety
Legendary
Miami, FL
Male - 30 Years Old
i actually think the writing wasnt horrible but that Zooey was the weakest point of the show. She was trying way too hard
09:37 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
Fort Bragg, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
All the Schmidt jokes are old*...

*Disclaimer: My last name is Schmidt.
09:40 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
chasingsafety
Legendary
Miami, FL
Male - 30 Years Old
Watched the pilot last night. They forced Zooey to try and act wayyyyyy too awkward. If they tone it down a bit, it won't be that bad.

i give it a couple more episodes for them to tone her and some of the other characters down a bit. It feels like they have an idea for each character and just turned it up to 10 for the pilot.
09:49 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Just finished the pilot. Thought it was absolutely perfect, loved every moment of it.

Terribly sad that Damon Wayans Jr isn't going to be in it. He was by far my favorite character (how he can't talk to girls with out yelling at them...I died).

Anyone know anything about this fellow replacing him, Lamorne Morris? Never heard of him.
11:25 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Just finished the pilot. Thought it was absolutely perfect, loved every moment of it.

Terribly sad that Damon Wayans Jr isn't going to be in it. He was by far my favorite character (how he can't talk to girls with out yelling at them...I died).

Anyone know anything about this fellow replacing him, Lamorne Morris? Never heard of him.
Glad you enjoyed it.

I've seen Lamorne Morris in one episode of the web series The Guild, and he was 'meh' in it. After seeing Damon, though, it's hard for me to think that this New Guy (pun) will be a better fit.

EDIT: This is unless they're cutting out the Coach character altogether and replacing him. Doubtful, but I'd love it. That character was way too over-the-top and would be the reason I'd start getting annoyed of the show.
11:40 PM on 09/11/11 
User Info.
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
MASS
Male - 28 Years Old
Thought the pilot sucked. Not a fan of the guys, and an even lesser fan of Zooey.
12:42 AM on 09/12/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Glad you enjoyed it.

I've seen Lamorne Morris in one episode of the web series The Guild, and he was 'meh' in it. After seeing Damon, though, it's hard for me to think that this New Guy (pun) will be a better fit.

EDIT: This is unless they're cutting out the Coach character altogether and replacing him. Doubtful, but I'd love it. That character was way too over-the-top and would be the reason I'd start getting annoyed of the show.

I keep meaning to check out The Guild.

In the second episode, Coach will be kicked out of the apartment and replaced by a new character named Winston, who will be returning from a professional basketball career in Croatia. The show will explain this change by stating that Winston's name is on the lease and Coach was subletting the apartment from him.
- According to Wikipedia
12:53 AM on 09/12/11 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Did anyone see Paper Heart? Jake Johnson was fantastic in that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos