AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Wake the Giant - The Escape Artist Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 8.25
Lyrics 7.75
Production 8
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 8
Reviewer Tilt 8
Final Verdict: 79%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Wake the Giant - The Escape Artist

Reviewed by: InfiniteArms (08/13/11)
Wake the Giant- The Escape Artist
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: December 1, 2010

Before I start this review, I would like to thank Austin (from the band) for giving me the opportunity to review this album for the band.

When the opportunity manifested itself, I couldn't say no. Wake the Giant is a prime example of what upcoming music artists can be. This album is nothing short of expectations, especially if you want a progressive rock/indie rock record with a little something that can leave you addicted to such an amazing and talented act. Thatís what you get with this record. I absolutely love it!

A brilliant blend of atmospheric guitars and driving rhythms creates a refreshing, melodic sound. A mix of pop-rock with some punkiness peppered over here and there but for mostly aesthetic purposes. This band reminds me of Angels & Airwaves and Acceptance all rolled into one amazing band that is hard to disappoint anyone. This band needs anything but time to improve. They have all they need right where they are at this very moment.

The vocals have uniqueness to them. If this ever was to play on the radio (I hope it eventually does), I would know who it is. They have a sound that is distinguishable from other bands. I wouldn't say the style hasn't been done before, but the production gives each instrument and track its own little art of flying.

I actually love this album to bits. I was suffering through the midyear slump before this came around. No music was quite as important as the music I was highly anticipating until this came around. Pay no attention to the score; I scored this album as I would any other album. The score might say something totally different to the score I would give it if I could give it straight out.

This is a band with a bright and shining future. I hope they're ready to take it on because this is a band that deserves to be big one day, and let's hope they get there. I hope they keep up the good work.

Recommended if you Like: Acceptance; Angels & Airwaves; Search The City; Klay

Track List: 1. "A Guiding Light"
2. "Broken Fall"
3. "Arms like Snakes"
4. "The Towers That We Build"
5. "Top of the World to You"
6. "Scarlet Ibis"
7. "Of Hopes and Dreams"
8. "Fire Still Burning"
9. "He Still Gave"
10. "Blinding Eyes"
11. "A Pendulum in Motion"
12. "The Arms of Grace"

Standout Tracks: "Broken Fall;" "Arms like Snakes;" "Of Hopes and Dreams;" "A Pendulum in Motion"

myspace.com/wakethegiantmusic

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests