AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

Rehasher - Off Key Melodies Album Cover

Rehasher - Off Key Melodies

Reviewed by
Rehasher - Off Key Melodies

Many bands have side projects. Some great, some mediocre.

With Roger Manganelli of Less Than Jake, for example, his “side project” held it’s own without just seeming to be a rehash (no pun intended) of his previous band. I only recently discovered Rehasher’s debut, and only album: “Off Key Melodies” after hearing much about it in the Less Than Jake community, and boy does it pack a punch.

Released in July of 2004, it brings back the days of Lagwagon and nofx-style punk. With lightning fast drums and buzzsaw guitars, it really gives the listener an energetic feeling, and the lyrics also take a more serious tone. With lines like “there’s no easy way to say fuck you, but I’ll try and find a way…cause some things are so hard to say” and “when I feel like shit then the music hits, I’m fine.” Roger and Geis sing about life’s ups and downs, and things most people can really relate to. Most songs are up-tempo numbers, but each has it’s own identity so they don’t seem to run together.

Though this 10 song cd didn’t get much acclaim when released, it has since found it’s way into the hands and hearts of anyone yearning for an honest, old-school style punk that’s updated for the new millennia. Don’t pass it up.
This review is a user submitted review from Tyler Dumont. You can see all of Tyler Dumont's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
05:21 AM on 06/03/07
FreshyFresh23
Laying Down the Law
User Info.
Thanks, i remember downloading a couple of this bands demos a long time ago and then totally forgot about them. Im gonna go pick this up
08:02 PM on 06/08/07
Riki
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good to see people still psyching this album up 3years afters its release... It went largely unnoticed and that really sucked. Its good you point out this isnt just a less than jake side project, it really is an entirely different band, replacing poppy ska, for a much darker (but still not aggressive) punk rock sound...

Anyway the album is awesome, its also on a tiiiiny label, so anyone that picks it up gets to feel good about supporting the lil guy...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos