Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
06:06 PM on 08/14/11
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
User Info.
I think Eda's streaming the album tomorrow on the front page, so make sure to check it out then if you haven't already!
12:00 AM on 08/15/11
Broden Terry
User Info.
Miss this chick. I like when she has the effect on her voice like on Leap Year.
Oh and who the heck is Broden Terry?

Your biggest fan! You were so great and heroic in The Deathly Hallows. And when you won the Triwizard Tournament in The Goblet of Fire, what a moment! In all seriousness, I've been here for ages.
12:21 AM on 08/15/11
Broden Terry
User Info.
this album is so forgettable to me. i feel really shitty saying this seeing as i am one of her biggest fans, but as you say, it's creation was an ambitious one. i think in terms of sound, many more low key artists have begun to explore outside what their used to, especially this year, but that didn't work for maria at all. i think the only artist to even do it right was bon iver, but rachael yamagata seems to have nailed it with starlight, so i'm more hopeful for her album as well. city and colour, gemma hayes, etc, just missed the mark though.

I can totally understand and respect your point of view. I actually wrote this review two separate times, and the first review I wrote was quite negative because nothing really stood out at first. There was a certain blandness surrounding it - I couldn't quite understand why Maria had experimented with her signature trademark sound that had served her so well in previous solo efforts. In fact, a week ago I probably would've given this a 50-60% because I was really disappointed.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you don't instantly love it, all is not lost because Overlook is certainly what you'd classify as a "grower" of an album. It may take some time and persistence, but eventually it'll really connect with you and hopefully you'll adore it in much the same manner as I do!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests