AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
11:10 PM on 08/14/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I think Eda's streaming the album tomorrow on the front page, so make sure to check it out then if you haven't already!
I told you I was!
07:15 AM on 08/15/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
this album is so forgettable to me. i feel really shitty saying this seeing as i am one of her biggest fans, but as you say, it's creation was an ambitious one. i think in terms of sound, many more low key artists have begun to explore outside what their used to, especially this year, but that didn't work for maria at all. i think the only artist to even do it right was bon iver, but rachael yamagata seems to have nailed it with starlight, so i'm more hopeful for her album as well. city and colour, gemma hayes, etc, just missed the mark though.
I just wanted to echo what Broden said as well. I'm the biggest Maria Taylor/Azure Ray fan girl, and I wasn't sure how I felt at first either, which kind of scared me because I expected to just adore the album immediately. Anyway, my point is, if you're a big fan, it will grow on you. I think it's all about the right time and mood, but once it clicks, it's so wonderful.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums