Username
Password
New News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
New
Inside AP.net

The Honesty Update and Demo

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (08/16/11)
The Honesty (now a solo project of Mike Davis) will release a three song EP this fall. Hit the replies to hear a new demo called "The Way Out" and to peep the track-listing.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
04:21 PM on 08/16/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Tracklisting1. Warning!
2. The Way Out
3. Runaway

04:53 PM on 08/16/11
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
I don't get this band.
They kick out the girl singer, and then decide to break up.
But then the drummer turns it into a side project and can sing better than their old singer.

So why didn't they just find another drummer and move this dude to vocals?
dumb.
05:01 PM on 08/16/11
Foskco
User Info.
this demo sounds pretty good though.
05:14 PM on 08/16/11
colean
Leandro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sounds cool, i think! ill be looking forward to get this EP!
05:52 PM on 08/16/11
MusicSnob&Proud
Music Snob
User Info.
if only there weren't 1000 other bands who do this better.
06:50 PM on 08/16/11
mikeycdavis
Mikey Davis
User Info.
I don't get this band.
They kick out the girl singer, and then decide to break up.
But then the drummer turns it into a side project and can sing better than their old singer.

So why didn't they just find another drummer and move this dude to vocals?
dumb.
We didn't decide to break up really. We kicked out our singer, and in the process lost our place to live (we lived at her house in Cali). Being from the East Coast, and losing a few family members in the process, I made the choice to move back home and continued to work on the project on my own. The other members didn't want to make the move with me, so that's where the band stood. It was easier at that point to say we disbanded, but the project surely lives on.

Call it dumb, but at the end of the day it's just music. Just like the last EP, which was recorded as a solo project to begin with, just with another singer, I'm sure you can agree that I'm perfectly capable of doing it on my own. Maybe I'll make a believer out of you with this new EP as well.

I'm really glad you dig the vocals though. It's been a long time coming.

if only there weren't 1000 other bands who do this better.
Other bands might do it better in your eyes, which is perfectly fine. Everyone is entitled to their own taste in music. At the end of the day though, good or not, and with or without fame, I get to do what I love and put out music that I love. You bring me even more pleasure by wasting your time just to make a comment to hate on it, so I must be doing something right.
07:00 PM on 08/16/11
MusicSnob&Proud
Music Snob
User Info.
We didn't decide to break up really. We kicked out our singer, and in the process lost our place to live (we lived at her house in Cali). Being from the East Coast, and losing a few family members in the process, I made the choice to move back home and continued to work on the project on my own. The other members didn't want to make the move with me, so that's where the band stood. It was easier at that point to say we disbanded, but the project surely lives on.

Call it dumb, but at the end of the day it's just music. Just like the last EP, which was recorded as a solo project to begin with, just with another singer, I'm sure you can agree that I'm perfectly capable of doing it on my own. Maybe I'll make a believer out of you with this new EP as well.

Other bands might do it better in your eyes, which is perfectly fine. Everyone is entitled to their own taste in music. At the end of the day though, good or not, and with or without fame, I get to do what I love and put out music that I love. You bring me even more pleasure by wasting your time just to make a comment to hate on it, so I must be doing something right.
love that you wasted even more of your time responding to both posts in depth. lol.
07:11 PM on 08/16/11
mikeycdavis
Mikey Davis
User Info.
love that you wasted even more of your time responding to both posts in depth. lol.
It was totally worth it.
09:45 PM on 08/16/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Oh people these days
10:29 PM on 08/16/11
mikeycdavis
Mikey Davis
User Info.
Seriously.
10:37 PM on 08/16/11
YourVeryOwn
You're living in f*ck city!
User Info.
haters gonna hate
01:11 AM on 08/17/11
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.

Respect.
I remember seeing you in TBL in the good old days at Sterling Community Center with Kenmore and shit. goood fucking times.
08:13 AM on 08/17/11
MusicSnob&Proud
Music Snob
User Info.
It was totally worth it.
your mom was worth it XD
10:04 AM on 08/17/11
mikeycdavis
Mikey Davis
User Info.
Respect.
I remember seeing you in TBL in the good old days at Sterling Community Center with Kenmore and shit. goood fucking times.
They were good times.

Oh nostalgia.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News