Password
This Thread is Closed.

10:06 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
I hate Avery just like everyone else, but at the same time I'd like for the Hurricanes to sign him.
10:21 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
Mashugana
Registered Voter
No Avatar Selected
Deep South
Male - 35 Years Old
Betts is overvalued.
Avery can go pester the Russians for a while. I hear St. Petersburg has a good fashion district.
10:22 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
StuGrimson
Cutting In The Kool-Aid Line
Kitchener/Waterloo
Male
Id take Avery on the Leafs but I just dont think him and Phaneuf would mesh well together
10:26 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
Mashugana
Registered Voter
No Avatar Selected
Deep South
Male - 35 Years Old
I would hate to see Avery in blue and white, although there must be a certain appeal in the eyes of Brian Burke. Darcy Tucker is but a distant memory -- we don't need another version thereof.
10:38 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
Chris M.
I would love for the Bruins to sign him

Absolutely not.
10:40 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old

He's a great player, i don't see any harm
10:48 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
Mashugana
Registered Voter
No Avatar Selected
Deep South
Male - 35 Years Old
Milan Lucic is a great player.

Sean Avery is not.
10:52 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
ForeverInADay
Edmonton/Toronto
Male - 27 Years Old
Id take Avery on the Leafs but I just dont think him and Phaneuf would mesh well together

Maybe being in the same vag would bring them closer together now that Dion isn't dating her. Unless he still is. Either way, I'd hate Avery on the Leafs, he'd probably still aggravate me.
10:54 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
Milan Lucic is a great player.

Sean Avery is not.

Lucic is average at best, Avery does his job well
11:01 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
Mashugana
Registered Voter
No Avatar Selected
Deep South
Male - 35 Years Old

I would much rather Lucic "doing his job well" on the ice and Avery "doing his job well" over a twitter feed.
11:08 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
Chris M.

Lucic is not an average player and this team does not more 3rd/4th line fodder.
11:15 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
Lucic is not an average player and this team does not more 3rd/4th line fodder.

How is Lucic not average? If you watched him last year a significant portion of his goals were garbage and he was just a lump skating around. He makes 4.5 mil and does very little to deserve it. He takes horrible penalties and his work ethic is terrible
11:16 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
I would much rather Lucic "doing his job well" on the ice and Avery "doing his job well" over a twitter feed.

Lucic doesn't do his job, he is a first line player and does shit on the power play. He also makes a ton of money to skate around aimlessly and not hit anyone. Whenever he does decide to hit someone its dirty and draws a penalty. I loved the guy early on but his development has stalled like crazy. Him on the first line shows how much of a joke the Bruins are offensively
11:31 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
Chris M.
How is Lucic not average? If you watched him last year a significant portion of his goals were garbage and he was just a lump skating around. He makes 4.5 mil and does very little to deserve it. He takes horrible penalties and his work ethic is terrible

Goals are goals. Everyone praises guys like Tomas Holmstrom and Ryan Smyth (or they did in their prime) for standing in front of the net and scoring the dirty goals. Lucic is probably the closest thing to a throwback power forward there is in the league right now. Not sure where you got the idea Lucic doesn't hit because it couldn't be further from the truth. He's not a liability defensively and is a 60 point scorer. Average players don't score 60 points without a superstar feeding them the puck; something the Bruins don't have among their forwards.

Avery on the other hand is a third line player at best who takes just as many or more bad penalties as Lucic, has no where near the offensive capabilities and is not a star defensively either. We already have one agitator on the team in Marchand, there's no point in wasting a roster spot on another. Avery also makes 4 mil and has done significantly less than Lucic to deserve such a contract. The only reason the Rangers don't have to pay the full cap hit is because of when the picked him off re-entry waivers when Dallas wanted to get rid of him.
11:37 AM on 10/04/11 
User Info.
Mashugana
Registered Voter
No Avatar Selected
Deep South
Male - 35 Years Old
Lucic doesn't do his job, he is a first line player and does shit on the power play. He also makes a ton of money to skate around aimlessly and not hit anyone. Whenever he does decide to hit someone its dirty and draws a penalty. I loved the guy early on but his development has stalled like crazy. Him on the first line shows how much of a joke the Bruins are offensively

What?

Boston finished 5th in the league in goals per game and had the best 5-on 5 goals for/against ratio in the league. Quite the offensive joke, I'd say.

Not every first line player is a special teams expert, contrary to popular belief.

Lucic doesn't hit? Last year, Lucic had 167 hits in 79 games and took 121 pims. Avery only had 115 hits in 76 games and took 174 pims. So what are you saying? And Sean Avery makes just as much money as Lucic for being a fraction of the offensive player. Although Avery does come up victorious in episodes of verbal diarrhea per million earned. There's always that.

Although I like your logic from the sense that it will aid my Leafs. We'll take Lucic. You can have Avery.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos