Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 34 posts.
11:45 AM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
wowza, i hope you have your armor on, steve.
Yeah I know I am going to get shit on for this - the haters will be here in no time. Oh well.
11:58 AM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Living Together is the best song on the album, btw.
Really? I disagree with that.
12:01 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
in the "for fans of" thing it says, Facing New York. i've never heard of them, what type of music is it?
Ch-ch-check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/facingnewyork
12:11 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
90% for Juturna redux? lol. I thought reviews were supposed to be fair and unbiased?
Did you read the review? Guessing not...check back after you do.
12:21 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Yes. And, although it's a well written review, I just don't see how releasing a near identical album two years later still justifies such a high score.
I understand what you are saying, but in the categories we grade on, they deserve that score, I feel. What would you mark down?
12:46 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Circa Survive sounds nothing like The Mars Volta. And I agree that "Living Together" is the best song on the album.
Never said they did. Said "Recommended if you like." Big difference amigo.
12:47 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Extremely well written review, but the end made me feel that the writer felt his opinion was absolute ("if you don't find something new with every spin, you aren't listening hard enough"). Kinda icky.
Hehe, didn't mean to sound like that. I'll try to be less "icky" next time
01:17 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
every cicrca survive song sounds exactly the same, old or new album
Not even close.
01:24 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I'm surprised about the 10 for vocals. I know Green is good, but probably not better than his instrumental counterparts in the band. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out for sure.
For me, it is just hard to imagine anyone else signing on this record like Anthony does, and that is why I scored his vocals so high.
01:53 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Funny but inappropriate. Remember, you're reviewing an album. Anthony's performance has everything to do with your review but nothing to do with the fact that straight dudes have man-crushes on him, relevance is the key. Other than that, great review, it made me want the album even more.

I was saying people have man-crushes on him for his vocal talent, not his sexiness or whatever. I am in awe of his abilities, and idolize him as a singer, as do countless others. That is where that one was going.
01:57 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
good album, just not good enough to keep my attention. I easily get lost (not in the good way) while listening to the album. Im not saying its bad, but I dont think the lasting value is that great.

Vocals kick major ass though
See, I would say what you describe contributes to the lasting appeal. The fact that sometimes the songs sound cluttered or stacked makes me want to listen that much more to dissect them.

One of the best experiences I had was where I took the time to listen to the record the entire length through, just listening to one component - vocals, drums, guitars, bass - on its own. That is what helped me to appreciate everything this band is capable of putting together.
01:58 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I think got a far lower score than it deserved to other cds i saw that were given better scores (an angle? are you serious?)
I definitely did not review An Angle.
02:21 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
steve, i was just wondering what you thought of the lyrics because outside of the score you didn't get into them as much as other parts.

what did you like and what didn't you like?

I thought ,although they werent great ,they were by far mr. green's most mature and cohesive lyrics to date, without losing his style.
I enjoy the lyrics on the album a pretty good deal. They are vintage Green in that they are quirky, obtuse, artistic, and just kind of strange at points. In the grand scheme of things, they are a little too off-kilter to be rated much higher (in my opinion), but they are still strong.
02:23 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
A 10 on vocals is just silly though, Steve.

His range simply does not warrant a 10.
I did that just for you Slade. So now you jags can maybe get off of the Cove Reber 10 score in vocals.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums