Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 197.
08:00 PM on 05/30/07
TheSkunk
User Info.
So True I Have A Crush On Green
11:33 PM on 05/30/07
TheBaroness
User Info.
It's better than Juturna, but still a bit same-y. I'm sure it'll be a grower, though
02:54 AM on 05/31/07
Poor Excuse
User Info.
saying every circa song sounds the same is not being mean, its being honest. theyre a great band with immense skill and talent, but i saw them live twice at SXSW, and the whole set seemed like one longass song. i study and play music as well, so im not some noob who's just poppin off with hateful words.

still a good band though.
05:19 AM on 05/31/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
saying every circa song sounds the same is not being mean, its being honest. theyre a great band with immense skill and talent, but i saw them live twice at SXSW, and the whole set seemed like one longass song. i study and play music as well, so im not some noob who's just poppin off with hateful words.

still a good band though.
I would expect someone who knows and plays music to be able to separate the differences moreso than most other people...interesting.
05:41 PM on 05/31/07
guitarnick20
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would expect someone who knows and plays music to be able to separate the differences moreso than most other people...interesting.

I think a lot of the middle songs on Juturna sound very much alike and even people who love the album agree with me. Those tracks from like 4 - 8 blend together too much, then Oh Hello just explodes. That song and the song that follow are the best songs on the album I think because they really don't sound like any other song at all. On On Letting Go not too many of the songs actually sound that much alike where you get lost in the album like that.

This is why I like The Mars Volta though, I get lost within their songs but each song on an album sounds distinctly and decidedly different from the one before which is the problem I have with Circa because if they wanted to make a 4 part song, they should've denoted it as opposed to just made four separate songs.

Handshakes At Sunrise is still my favorite Circa song though.
08:11 PM on 05/31/07
astretch4glory
User Info.
i love howthe cd starts. living together just explodes like that seems like a song you put as track 5 to wake everyone up but it really grabs you . ive seen circa and saosin numerous times and in the moment cove can not hit the high notes like he does but Anthony will make them even higher so i agree with the vocals being a 10 live and recorded he does well
07:52 PM on 06/01/07
armytanks
User Info.
this is easily one of my top 5 favorite albums.
11:35 PM on 06/04/07
nickp108
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Very well written Steve. I think that Green's lyrics were lacking on this one. They sounded forced and a little too simple compared to the last record and his saosin material. It feels like most of the lyrics are about him struggleing to write or being critized on his writting ability/lack there of. for example, "move one inch at a time, make shit ryme. Just keep drinking water and you'll be just fine. My minds' not a well, it wont run dry." Seems too A-->B--A-->B. Melodies were golden as expected though
01:02 AM on 06/05/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Very well written Steve. I think that Green's lyrics were lacking on this one. They sounded forced and a little too simple compared to the last record and his saosin material. It feels like most of the lyrics are about him struggleing to write or being critized on his writting ability/lack there of. for example, "move one inch at a time, make shit ryme. Just keep drinking water and you'll be just fine. My minds' not a well, it wont run dry." Seems too A-->B--A-->B. Melodies were golden as expected though
Thanks dude. I agree with you for the most part. While I appreciate the atypical and skewed approach to self-reference, Iyou are right that they are not entirely deep. Still, a minor dent in an excellent offering.
01:02 AM on 06/05/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Thanks dude. I agree with you for the most part. While I appreciate the atypical and skewed approach to self-reference, you are right that they are not entirely deep. Still, a minor dent in an excellent offering.
09:50 PM on 06/05/07
bnana=godexists
User Info.
Wish there was more diversity between songs. Lyrics seem sort of placed over the music randomly at times too. But for the most part dead on. One of my favorites this year.
10:11 AM on 06/11/07
circarlsurvive
User Info.
i love this album!!!! i've been listening to this album since the day it was released and fuck!, still it's the best for me!!!!!!!!!
10:12 AM on 06/11/07
xjustinx
TEAM JESUS IS LOSING
User Info.
i love this album!!!! i've been listening to this album since the day it was released and fuck!, still it's the best for me!!!!!!!!!
too easy.
05:01 PM on 06/13/07
guitarhead913
User Info.
i love this album, kicking your crosses down is probably my favorite
08:55 AM on 10/08/07
ItsCountEjacula
User Info.
Great review I love these guys and I can't wait til I can see them in Omaha in Nov
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests