Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 197.
02:10 PM on 05/28/07
Bruycker
User Info.
every cicrca survive song sounds exactly the same, old or new album

When I listened Juturna the first couple times, it all sounded the same, but after awhile it became one of my favorite albums, you need to listen to their albums when you're relaxing and when there's nothing disturbing going around. Then you'll feel the best of it
02:15 PM on 05/28/07
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
every cicrca survive song sounds exactly the same, old or new album

well awesome, thank you for helping me weed out who to take opinions from on this site, cos you obviously know jack shit about music, and i didn't have to waste any of my time figuring that out.
02:17 PM on 05/28/07
I Shot Chicago
NPH FTW
User Info.
outstanding review.
and im currently streaming the album for the second time and i like it... but im still trying to get hooked.
02:21 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
steve, i was just wondering what you thought of the lyrics because outside of the score you didn't get into them as much as other parts.

what did you like and what didn't you like?

I thought ,although they werent great ,they were by far mr. green's most mature and cohesive lyrics to date, without losing his style.
I enjoy the lyrics on the album a pretty good deal. They are vintage Green in that they are quirky, obtuse, artistic, and just kind of strange at points. In the grand scheme of things, they are a little too off-kilter to be rated much higher (in my opinion), but they are still strong.
02:23 PM on 05/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
A 10 on vocals is just silly though, Steve.

His range simply does not warrant a 10.
I did that just for you Slade. So now you jags can maybe get off of the Cove Reber 10 score in vocals.
02:36 PM on 05/28/07
CurtyB
gettin emo!
User Info.
hmmm...it makes sense with the categories that are available...but it was pretty much Juturna Revisited with less staying power..
02:58 PM on 05/28/07
intoyourarms
here i am
User Info.
i set my expectations way too high. i did expect to see a different kind of evolution from this band. i need to just accept the cd for what it is.
03:06 PM on 05/28/07
KevinSince85
Someone Give Me A Drink
User Info.
damn good review. i can't wait to get this album.
03:12 PM on 05/28/07
Romancebled
Sleep underground tonight...
User Info.
very good review Steve. i definitely agree with everything you wrote. this album is definitely a grower and it gets better with every listen. this is one of the best cds that i've heard all year so far, and i'm glad my expectations didn't fall through.
03:26 PM on 05/28/07
dubey
trillest
User Info.
Amazing album.

I just love the vibe it gives off.
03:32 PM on 05/28/07
Cassius
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would switch the ratings for vocals and lyrics...Anthony just isn't that strong vocally
03:33 PM on 05/28/07
guitarnick20
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A 10 on vocals is just silly though, Steve.

His range simply does not warrant a 10.

Since when is 2 and a half octaves considered a really big range? I thought 3 or higher was impressive. I also disagree with the 10 on the vocals. Anthony does so much better on this album than on Juturna, and I've been giving this album a serious listen. I think this album meshes less than Juturna did and it's a ton better than Juturna especially in the vocal area. But I don't see the vocal talent everyone keeps talking about. Potential to be a vocal talent is much different... I would hope he continues to progress, at a faster rate also, but either way. I about 60 % of his melodies are good on this album, 20 are decent and the other 20 are just plain awful. I can already hear where he's going to be incredibly flat live on half of these songs.
04:03 PM on 05/28/07
Romancebled
Sleep underground tonight...
User Info.
Since when is 2 and a half octaves considered a really big range? I thought 3 or higher was impressive. I also disagree with the 10 on the vocals. Anthony does so much better on this album than on Juturna, and I've been giving this album a serious listen. I think this album meshes less than Juturna did and it's a ton better than Juturna especially in the vocal area. But I don't see the vocal talent everyone keeps talking about. Potential to be a vocal talent is much different... I would hope he continues to progress, at a faster rate also, but either way. I about 60 % of his melodies are good on this album, 20 are decent and the other 20 are just plain awful. I can already hear where he's going to be incredibly flat live on half of these songs.

okay, i think we all get your point. you say the exact same thing in every other Circa Survive thread.
04:05 PM on 05/28/07
401KiLL
User Info.
Great Review, very insightful. Great ideas and Green is amazing without a doubt.
04:09 PM on 05/28/07
joelconroy13
User Info.
in the "for fans of" thing it says, Facing New York. i've never heard of them, what type of music is it?
Facing new york is an amazing progrock band with a lot of piano/keyboard and obvious mars volta influence. I have seen then perform localy many times before they got, because there from my area.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests