Username
Password

Comments: Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 195
11:55 PM on 05/28/07
williamnot
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is a great review steve. this cd is certainly my favourite of this year so far but i am now inspired to listen back harder at things i may have overlooked on the first few listens. Brian did a great job at producing this record compared to Juturna and considering his previous production work circa are certainly a big departure from the type of record he usually produces. Anthony is certainly at the top of his game but the instrumentation as a whole is a million times better than that of juturna (especially the drumming) and they support green's vocal style really well.
12:26 AM on 05/29/07
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
So if Anthony Green does not deserve a 10 for vocals, who does?

daryl palumbo. i don't give a shit what anyone says. he is my all time favorite frontman, so it may be a little biased. and to your pleasure, nick torres was always one of my favorites, but still not a 10.
12:50 AM on 05/29/07
sasalukac
giddy up
User Info.
everything about my taste in music says i should love these guys... and yet i can't get into them :(
01:54 AM on 05/29/07
atainder
freaks r revolutionaries r freaks
User Info.
Alright...NOBODY has 'perfect' vocals... because it's really just a matter of opinion. I'd say Anthony is a 10... along with the likes of Bjork, Nic Newsham(IMO he's outstanding), Brandon Boyd, and I agree that Jordan Billie's vocals are up there to... because it's opinion.. that's it. I'd say the 10's are (for the most-part) singers that can't be imitated.. the one's that sound like nobody else (like Anthony Green).

As for the new album, it sounds great on the first few listens. Great review.
04:14 AM on 05/29/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
People like Jeff Buckley, Frank Sinatra, Sufjan Stevens...people with PERFECT vocals, as a 10 out of 10 would suggest.
You think Sufjan Stevens is a better vocalist than Anthony Green?
07:17 AM on 05/29/07
vincentbrunetto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I LOVE THIS ALBUM. end of story. good review.
07:27 AM on 05/29/07
thekinison
Use the fuckin pikey...
User Info.
wonderful review.
08:21 AM on 05/29/07
TuskandTemper
User Info.
this album is amazing.
09:07 AM on 05/29/07
lilRIPsta
User Info.
im not gonna judge this album yet cuz it took me months to love Juturna
09:13 AM on 05/29/07
lilRIPsta
User Info.
daryl palumbo. i don't give a shit what anyone says. he is my all time favorite frontman, so it may be a little biased. and to your pleasure, nick torres was always one of my favorites, but still not a 10.

u are correct on that one. He is the best frontman, and singer. Out of all the shows ive been too, nobody had the presence and confidence he has up there. And IMHO he is the most versatile singer in the scene. No im not talking about his work in Head Automatic, listen to glassjaw B-sides Convectuoso, Oxycodone, and The Number No Good Things Come Of.
09:22 AM on 05/29/07
yoyoninjagirl
Nobody's Nothing
User Info.
I'm enjoying this album, even if it is similar to Juturna. In my opinion, Green's voice sounds better on this album.
09:25 AM on 05/29/07
EyesOfMadness
it'sawonderfullife
User Info.
You think Sufjan Stevens is a better vocalist than Anthony Green?

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.
09:56 AM on 05/29/07
PierceTheVeil
Forget Regret
User Info.
I'm in love with this album.
I agree with what you said that it takes a few listens to fully appreciate this masterpiece. Every listen you notice something new and makes it that much better. I'm hooked. Stand out tracks for me are Travel hymn, On Letting Go and Mandala.

PS. Anthony Green has AMAZING vocal talent, that's a fact. A well deserved 10.
10:47 AM on 05/29/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Dude you're such a fucking dick to people that disagree with you. Let it go already.

I would love to hear a rationale for saying Sufjan is a better vocalist. Range? Neither are great, but Green dominates the high end. Breathing? Pace? Melody? I am not sure you could criticize Anthony on any of those. So what we are left with are the subjective bullshit factors people like you always use as a crutch to remain "cool."

Annoying.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version