AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Article - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 66.
11:33 AM on 08/19/11
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
Wait, most people spend two months in the sun while doing heavy lifting every morning at 8 am? OH.

Absolutely. Look at warehouses, foundries, oil pumps, lawn care, oil fields, construction, etc. I could go on and on. I know it sucks in the heat but bitching about it gets old. I've had a shitty job where I had to do manual labor ,in the Texas heat, all summer long and full time. It blows but crying about it is just absurd.
11:51 AM on 08/19/11
writethefuture
I'm not a self-help book.
User Info.
great read, gives some really good insight.

also, my brother's name is samuel lister. huh.
12:16 PM on 08/19/11
paperlung
this glass house is burning down
User Info.
definitely a good read. this makes me even more interested in the documentary on warped tour that's supposed to come out.
01:20 PM on 08/19/11
trojanick
they all got boyfriends anyway
User Info.
Best opening sentence ever.

This. I repped my Hot For Suzie shirt when I went.
01:48 PM on 08/19/11
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Awesome read (and opening sentence)
01:55 PM on 08/19/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Glad everyone likes the opening sentence. Pretty important for an article haha.
01:56 PM on 08/19/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
An incredibly good and informative read. So good.
02:07 PM on 08/19/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
blah blah blah. get over it.
Thanks, Cody. For real.

I just finished being on all of Warped Tour. We did the entire thing, and had to work our asses off all day. A lot of times, it feels like people just say how hard it is or whatever. It's hard, but why focus on the things that are hard? We're out there doing it everyday, from before the gates open at 7am until bus call, sometimes around 3am. Of course it's a lot harder doing the tour in a van, and through the tour, we lost 2 vehicles completely. I wouldn't think to complain in any way about the past 2 months of my life.

But in the end, I don't want to talk about how hard doing Warped Tour independently and funded by us was or anything like that. What matters is how awesome the whole experience was. Being there talking to new fans, playing on over a quarter of the tour next to bands I've looked up to forever, meeting old fans, hanging out all day; it's fun. It's an absolutely amazing experience being in Warped Tour every day.

I'm here if anyone wants to know anything, or has any questions!
02:07 PM on 08/19/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
An incredibly good and informative read. So good.
Thanks you'ze
02:09 PM on 08/19/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Thanks, Cody. For real.

I just finished being on all of Warped Tour. We did the entire thing, and had to work our asses off all day. Everytime I read things like this, it feels like everyone's just saying how hard it is or whatever. It's hard, but why focus on the things that are hard? We're out there doing it everyday, from before the gates open at 7am until bus call, sometimes around 3am. Of course it's a lot harder doing the tour in a van, and through the tour, we lost 2 vehicles completely. I wouldn't think to complain in any way about the past 2 months of my life.

But in the end, I don't want to talk about how hard doing Warped Tour independently and funded by us was or anything like that. What matters is how awesome the whole experience was. Being there talking to new fans, playing on over a quarter of the tour next to bands I've looked up to forever, meeting old fans, hanging out all day; it's fun. It's an absolutely amazing experience being in Warped Tour every day.

I'm here if anyone wants to know anything, or has any questions!
I think that's what most of the quotes say - that even though it's tough, no one's upset that they did it...
02:15 PM on 08/19/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think that's what most of the quotes say - that even though it's tough, no one's upset that they did it...
Oh I know, it's a good article. I'm just throwing in my two cents here after being on the tour for the past 2 months. There's a lot of people who talk about how hard it is and all of that, and some if it may be hard, but it's really nothing to complain about, and especially nothing to focus on.

Also, I had no idea that you were on LTJs bus for a few dates. I would've come and said hi!
02:17 PM on 08/19/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Np, much deserved credit.
03:13 PM on 08/19/11
KenFleet
Farewell Fighter
User Info.
Being included in this article was a definite pleasure. But I'd love to address anyone with the assumption that ANY of the bands were complaining:

Thomas' job is to put his report into words that the common reader can understand. Like a person reading about a war that they're not fighting. Not one member of any of the bands in this article can be quoted as saying anything less than loving and thankful of Warped Tour and the experience they had this summer. If anyone should be singled out, let's talk about the bands that bitch and complain about 'nothing happening' and not 'getting noticed' yet aren't doing shit about it. Can't ride that internet audience forever, boys. Yeah; maybe my favorite shirt is permanently discoloured due to excessive sweating this summer, but at least I'm working my dick off to get the word out about my band.

Thanks again for the feature, Thomas.

Oh, and fuck you, Cody. <3
03:24 PM on 08/19/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Being included in this article was a definite pleasure. But I'd love to address anyone with the assumption that ANY of the bands were complaining:

Thomas' job is to put his report into words that the common reader can understand. Like a person reading about a war that they're not fighting. Not one member of any of the bands in this article can be quoted as saying anything less than loving and thankful of Warped Tour and the experience they had this summer. If anyone should be singled out, let's talk about the bands that bitch and complain about 'nothing happening' and not 'getting noticed' yet aren't doing shit about it. Can't ride that internet audience forever, boys. Yeah; maybe my favorite shirt is permanently discoloured due to excessive sweating this summer, but at least I'm working my dick off to get the word out about my band.

Thanks again for the feature, Thomas.

Oh, and fuck you, Cody. <3
How's it feel being in a real bed? ;)

Seriously though, that's not what I was saying. Obviously I saw you every day of tour for the most part, and we all had a ton of fun doing it.
03:30 PM on 08/19/11
KenFleet
Farewell Fighter
User Info.
How's it feel being in a real bed? ;)

Seriously though, that's not what I was saying. Obviously I saw you every day of tour for the most part, and we all had a ton of fun doing it.

Haha we're still in the van yo! Two shows into our home route (via L.A.) I'm homeless for this band, so when we get back to Nashville I'll be sleeping on couches. I consider this van the most comfortable place I'll be for at least the next two years of life. And I'm fine with that. Haha
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version