|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Jon and I were at a party hosting a beer pong tournament and signing up required a team name. I thought it would be fitting, clever and hilarious to call us 'Bangladeafy' considering that Jon is partially deaf and I am Bangladeshi.
2. How did this band get started?
Jon and I met at an open jam in St. James New York. After jamming together, we found mutual respect in each other's cutting-room like styles and talked about starting a project. After playing together in multiple failed projects, we gave being a two piece a go. That was the start of BD.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Marnie Stern, Squarepusher, Mr. Bungle, Mike Patton, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Melt Banana, Zack Hill, Snow Boy and The Latin Section etc.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Marnie Stern. Cause she is hilarious and a total hottie. She's also at the frontier of the kind of music we really love. I think our styles would be really awesome together on a tour.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Steak burritos. They give us POWER!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we're really fun, danceable, face melting, gritty yet musically intelligent and we have a completely new sound.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Brian Wilson of the San Fransisco Giants. That beard is fucking awesome.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our family, Jefferson Ave Productions, and Christopher Walken.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We would want the music industry to focus more on the quality of music they release as opposed to making profit. Profit obviously shouldn't be jettisoned out of the equation but the distribution of effort could be changed. There are so many truly great bands that could be revolutionary given the proper support.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Watching the best band we've ever seen at a basement in Rhode Island called "Two Ton Bug".
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Independence and a DIY perspective.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We do this gnarly version of the 'King of the Hill' theme song. Playing that is always a good time.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Redondo Beach, California.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Atif: Bollywood music.
Jon: Southern Rock
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Definitely the ability to fly because New York City traffic blows.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We eat carbs and drink red bulls.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We are Banksy.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
FM radio is a post asteroid dinosaur. It's on it's way out. The demographic of listeners will shrink as the years go on due to smart phone and computer technology. Applications like Pandora is without a doubt the future of radio. I think we could certainly flourish there. Millions of bands get exposure though popular Internet radio as opposed to the five bands that get spun on any given FM radio station. If you can get onto Internet radio, and you're truly exceptional, you've got a shot at flourishing.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Catching drinks with good pals, listening to stand up comedy, road trips, making funny videos, and having in depth conversations about what makes good pizza.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I (Atif) can speak conversational Bengali and can make a mean potato salad. Jon is a brilliant multi-instrumentalist, specifically piano, and can communicate with chocolate labs through a series of specifically choreographed karate moves.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |