Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
High Fidelity ftw. All day, everyday.
yep
09:39 AM on 08/22/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Chances are great that if I pull out an old mixtape Student Rick's song "I Wish..." will be on there.
student rick, oh man, id say they're due for a re-press/tour, I mean if autopilot off is, why not?

I will present The Stryder- Intoxicated. The jam of my freshman year.
09:44 AM on 08/22/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
student rick, oh man, id say they're due for a re-press/tour, I mean if autopilot off is, why not?

I will present The Stryder- Intoxicated. The jam of my freshman year.

No doubt. I consider their album Soundtrack for a Generation an emo album in truest sense of the word.
09:46 AM on 08/22/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I just made a Fountains of Wayne mix for a friend the other day.

1. Mexican Wine
2. Radiation Vibe
3. Richie and Ruben
4. Hey Julie
5. '92 Subaru
6. Bright Future In Sales
7. Someone's Gonna Break Your Heart
8. Kid Gloves
9. Fire In the Canyon
10. Little Red Light
11. Stacy's Mom
12. Maureen
13. Radio Bar
14. Strapped For Cash
15. Leave the Biker
16. I-95

No Girl I Can't Forget or Utopia Parkway? And your lack of Hackensack is criminal.
09:55 AM on 08/22/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
No doubt. I consider their album Soundtrack for a Generation an emo album in truest sense of the word.
dont you miss being able to say you're a fan of the genre with your head held high?

also Yellowcard- October Nights, Hot Rod Circuit- The Night They Blew Up The Moon, Saves The Day- Drag In D Flat and The Anniversary- Hart Crane all are guaranteed to be on there. Major Vagrant head in those days. Really, the Another Year On The Streets series was my highschool mixtape hah.
09:59 AM on 08/22/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
dont you miss being able to say you're a fan of the genre with your head held high?

also Yellowcard- October Nights, Hot Rod Circuit- The Night They Blew Up The Moon, Saves The Day- Drag In D Flat and The Anniversary- Hart Crane all are guaranteed to be on there. Major Vagrant head in those days. Really, the Another Year On The Streets series was my highschool mixtape hah.

Dude, we are on the same page with Vagrant. My favorite was the second Another Year with the DVD - so many good vids. Congrats Smack, Are We Really Happy and Frowning of a Lifetime.

Hey Mercedes is a band I will never give up. I love Nanna's lyrics and voice. Their two records are some of the best stuff from that era.
10:17 AM on 08/22/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Dude, we are on the same page with Vagrant. My favorite was the second Another Year with the DVD - so many good vids. Congrats Smack, Are We Really Happy and Frowning of a Lifetime.

Hey Mercedes is a band I will never give up. I love Nanna's lyrics and voice. Their two records are some of the best stuff from that era.
yep, actually it was volume 2 that got me into Hey Mercedes. "Weekend Starts On Wednesday". such a jam.
10:37 AM on 08/22/11
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
No Girl I Can't Forget or Utopia Parkway? And your lack of Hackensack is criminal.
I don't like mixes past 15 tracks so I had to make some concessions... "Hackensack" was on the short list of tracks that got cut, and I like "Girl I Can't Forget" but I wasn't feeling it when I made this. Also, I'm honestly not a fan of Utopia Parkway as a whole.
10:39 AM on 08/22/11
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
I loathe their new single. It's terrible.
Is that "Richie and Ruben" or "Someone's Gonna Break Your Heart"? I know they put promotional clips for both on their Youtube account but I don't know if one is the official single. I enjoy both of them though, I'd place the new album at third place out of all of their full-lengths.
10:43 AM on 08/22/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Is that "Richie and Ruben" or "Someone's Gonna Break Your Heart"? I know they put promotional clips for both on their Youtube account but I don't know if one is the official single. I enjoy both of them though, I'd place the new album at third place out of all of their full-lengths.

I'm referring to Richie and Ruben...ish.
10:51 AM on 08/22/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I don't like mixes past 15 tracks so I had to make some concessions... "Hackensack" was on the short list of tracks that got cut, and I like "Girl I Can't Forget" but I wasn't feeling it when I made this. Also, I'm honestly not a fan of Utopia Parkway as a whole.
I'll take pretty much anything off the first three over their latest two. Out of State is great too. I made a FOW mix when I first got into them years ago, here's my tracklisting:

1. Baby One More Time
2. Bright Future in Sales
3. California Sex Lawyer
4. Can't Get It Out of My Head
5. Comedienne
6. Elevator Up
7. Go, Hippie
8. Hackensack
9. Hey Julie
10. Alien for Christmas
11. Janice's Party
12. Denise
13. Leave the Biker
14. Maureen
15. Mexican Wine
16. Red Dragon Tattoo
17. Sink To the Bottom
18. Stacy's Mom
19. The Girl I Can't Forget
20. Utopia Parkway
21. Never Satisfied
22. Hat and Feet
23. Must Be Summer
24. Little Red Light

Way longer, but I still love all of these songs. I have a second one that's just as long, still love all those songs too.
10:52 AM on 08/22/11
anamericangod
User Info.
I have a stack of 30-40 mixes on CD that I've made over the years. I've thought about giving them away sometime, just to share with somebody new. I also have all the hard copies that were given to me back in the day by significant others. So many memories attached to those and I don't know if I'll ever throw them away.

I keep the most meaningful playlists/mixes in my iTunes so I can listen to them whenever.
11:13 AM on 08/22/11
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
My mixed CDs from High School are filled with songs from
The All American Rejects - S/T
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
Sugarcult - Start Static

I'm not gonna get into my Middle School Mixes which had songs like (112 - peaches & cream, coffee brown - after party, eminem - stan, Lady marmalade, shaggy - It wasnt me, Nas - Oochie Wallie, and other ridiculous radio songs haha)
11:28 AM on 08/22/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
High Fidelity ftw. All day, everyday.
"how is it bullshit to state a preference" should be the tagline to AP.net
11:35 AM on 08/22/11
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I remember making mixed cds for road trips, going ghost hunting or cave exploring with me, my bro and my friend. We'd put all attribute a song or two down that the other 2 didn't care for, but most of the songs we'd all love. I remember one cd I burned was for a ghost hunting trip into an old abandoned house. First two tracks were helena by mcr and a decade under the influence by tbs

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos