Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 58.
11:39 AM on 08/22/11
rjmoz87
The Total Package
User Info.
I made Mixtapes for almost anything really. I remember making a lot of them during high school. If you listen to them in order, you can tell when my taste of music change. I used to put a lot of Korn and Disturbed when I was younger on CDs then bands like A Wilhelm Scream and Funeral For A Friend took their places. I still make playlists today, but on my iPod.
12:10 PM on 08/22/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
"how is it bullshit to state a preference" should be the tagline to AP.net

Hahaha awesome
12:36 PM on 08/22/11
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
I completely agree with this.
01:00 PM on 08/22/11
flyingmonkey711
User Info.

Since you posted that bullshit review... Haha. Submit it to J. Tate in time for the new layout...

This whole website is the elitist crew from Championship Vinyl.
01:12 PM on 08/22/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
Since you posted that bullshit review... Haha. Submit it to J. Tate in time for the new layout...

This whole website is the elitist crew from Championship Vinyl.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Dude, been playing with the new site all day! it's sooooo good!!! can't wait for you guys to see this thing!
01:19 PM on 08/22/11
flyingmonkey711
User Info.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Dude, been playing with the new site all day! it's sooooo good!!! can't wait for you guys to see this thing!

I'm quite stoked myself sir. Saw a pic that he just posted of it. I'm eager...

PS, I think from now on I shall have to speak mainly in quotes from High Fidelity / That Thing You Do / Almost Famous. I think it would get appreciated.
01:43 PM on 08/22/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
I'm quite stoked myself sir. Saw a pic that he just posted of it. I'm eager...

PS, I think from now on I shall have to speak mainly in quotes from High Fidelity / That Thing You Do / Almost Famous. I think it would get appreciated.

And Chris Rock quotes from CB4
01:48 PM on 08/22/11
flyingmonkey711
User Info.
And Chris Rock quotes from CB4

Touche
02:22 PM on 08/22/11
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
i still make mix CDs all the time. i love them.
02:43 PM on 08/22/11
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
I just started my senior year of high school so this makes me want to make an iTunes playlist of all the songs I'll grow to love this school year.
03:13 PM on 08/22/11
Rich Duncan
Album Reviewer
User Info.
I am pretty sure that for a few years, regardless of what the mix was for, I would include Hey Mercedes "Bells". Still one of my favorite songs by them.
04:27 PM on 08/22/11
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
i still make 'em occasionally for friends, and have been since high school. i'd love and hate to see the tracklisting for those early mix CDs some of my friends have.
04:43 PM on 08/22/11
trevorshmevor
User Info.
I found a case of about 10 mix CD's that I had from back in the day about a two weeks ago. Needless to say, the next few days was spent listening to those... it was interesting haha. Fun to hear them again though, I listened to some of them so much back when I made them that a lot of the song transitions still sounded familiar. I used to put so much work into making those record flow the way I wanted them too... I was so nerdy haha. To this day though, I make a "Sounds of Summer" playlist for every summer, including all of the songs that I've listened to a lot and will always associate each summer with. I try to do them for winter too, but summer is more of a tradition.
05:01 PM on 08/22/11
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
I used to make mix CDs all the time back then. There were no particular theme though, just most of them contained new and recent music from bands I loved back then (and some with classic tunes I'd enjoy at that time), some of which I would surely be embarrassed to see on there now, haha. Though I would spend quite some time to find the right order and make the tracks flow together as possible, and drawing some art on them with a sharpie (as nice as my near lack of artistic skill could allow). Just something I could listen to at school, on the way there, or at home, and even some I had somewhat of a personal connection with. Although I stopped making them several years ago, I still have most of it in a bunch of CD cases to this day.
05:03 PM on 08/22/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I've never been a mix guy. I love meticulously finding songs that fit together perfectly and arranging them in just the right order, but as I listener I just like to hear a full album. Same reason I'm not a fan of compilations.

I will say that that making my Albums of the Decade list made me truly realize that my musical change hasn't change very much since high school. I still love the majority of albums I listened to back then and I'm still into the same kind of music for the most part. Granted, I'm only some five years removed from high school, but I've hated change any way...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests